• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Grille Support Brackets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mickus, to my knowledge not a part being reproduced at this time. The "A" bracket was used on the early 71 with the dual support brackets. After 6/14/71 the hood latch support brackets were changed and went with the single support "B" bracket. The D1ZZ-8182-A bracket was replaced by D1ZZ-8182-B in 79 and the "B" was discontinued in 1995. Occasionally they will pop up on E Bay. If your ok with used I would try Don (OMS) or Motorcity Mustang as both are on site members/Venders and have worked a lot of magic for everyone here!

mickus, to my knowledge not a part being reproduced at this time. The "A" bracket was used on the early 71 with the dual support brackets. After 6/14/71 the hood latch support brackets were changed and went with the single support "B" bracket. The D1ZZ-8182-A bracket was replaced by D1ZZ-8182-B in 79 and the "B" was discontinued in 1995. Occasionally they will pop up on E Bay. If your ok with used I would try Don (OMS) or Motorcity Mustang as both are on site members/Venders and have worked a lot of magic for everyone here!
Sold all of mine a couple of years ago

I had a few NOS ones - they were bringing 100.00 each on ebay.

Thanks Don, if you happen to locate any please let me know.

Yeah Steve, I've sorta had my eye out for these for a while now and figured a couple would pop up but they haven't.

If anyone has a couple, any condition preferably rust free, please let me know.

Cheers...

...Mickus

I am looking for the center support bracket as well as the 2 grill support brackets. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

@carguy47 one member made his own….carguy47….maybe he can make a batch for us?

I appreciate the support RIBS!
I can make a few, they are not original and I could possibly make them to look closer to OEM.
Here is what I made for my car. Not pretty, but functional.

Attachments

• grillSupport.71.2.jpg
    grillSupport.71.2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 13
I have an early 71, however the previous owner made the later model swap, just NO intermediate panels.

PM me also, I have a single support, I can share pics.

I am going to sell my car and don't think i want to deal with making brackets. Sorry

Back