• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 - 1973 Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Empty Stable Currently
Well, the time has come to replace my 1973 Mach 1 that I sold a few years ago when I moved.

I'm in Southern Arizona now, so anything local-ish would be preferred! Otherwise, so long as it's a fastback I'm willing to take a look. I want a project, so less than $10k price is where I'm at!

Let me know what you have or know of!!

There have been several on cl in my area lately for really low prices. I actually turned down a 71 M code Mach 1 that was one of the 150 built with a vinyl roof. It had no major rust issues and not body damage and went for $2,500. Complete numbers matching car.

There is also a 73 still on the Asheville cl that you can probably get for $2,000. It will cost you around $1,000-$1,200 to transport to your location. Check the Atlanta cl there are always lots of Mustangs there. When I searched the other day for just Mustang there were over 2,000 ads. That was parts and cars. If you refine your search you will get much less. There were a couple great deals on original SVO cars.

There have been several on cl in my area lately for really low prices. I actually turned down a 71 M code Mach 1 that was one of the 150 built with a vinyl roof. It had no major rust issues and not body damage and went for $2,500. Complete numbers matching car.

There is also a 73 still on the Asheville cl that you can probably get for $2,000. It will cost you around $1,000-$1,200 to transport to your location. Check the Atlanta cl there are always lots of Mustangs there. When I searched the other day for just Mustang there were over 2,000 ads. That was parts and cars. If you refine your search you will get much less. There were a couple great deals on original SVO cars.
Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Right now I want to try and stay local (or local-ish, California, Arizona, Nevada) if I can. I don't really want to buy a car sight unseen at this point.

Back