holley 4160 on stock 302 update.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBelv57

Reaction score
My Car
72' Mustang
Hello again all. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Just wanted to give an update and thank everyone who posted with their suggestions for the trouble I was having with the Holley 4160 I had installed on my 302. After pulling off the front bowl I replaced the power valve and noticed that although it was a 6.5 it was a high flow version with more than two slots. I replaced it with a standard 6.5, remounted the carb., adjusted the floats and air- fuel mix with a vacuum gauge. I also set the timing with a vacuum gauge. I took the car out for a nice run. There was no hesitation or bog down from a full stop and when I hit the gas from the curb I actually chirped the tire. On the highway at cruising speed, I hit the gas and she took off without hesitation and sounded great. When I pulled into a park and checked the plugs they were nice and clean and the correct colour. I was very pleased and thank all of you for your expert help. All the best. Mario.

Glad she is running well!!!!

Hello again all. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Just wanted to give an update and thank everyone who posted with their suggestions for the trouble I was having with the Holley 4160 I had installed on my 302. After pulling off the front bowl I replaced the power valve and noticed that although it was a 6.5 it was a high flow version with more than two slots. I replaced it with a standard 6.5, remounted the carb., adjusted the floats and air- fuel mix with a vacuum gauge. I also set the timing with a vacuum gauge. I took the car out for a nice run. There was no hesitation or bog down from a full stop and when I hit the gas from the curb I actually chirped the tire. On the highway at cruising speed, I hit the gas and she took off without hesitation and sounded great. When I pulled into a park and checked the plugs they were nice and clean and the correct colour. I was very pleased and thank all of you for your expert help. All the best. Mario.

Back