1973 Q-code 4 speed coupe in SF craigslist

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extremely nice collectible Mustang.

No way anyone could build that nice of car for that money!

Incorrect transmission T handle shown. Should be black ball.

Ray

It is a good looking car for sure. Also has a 72 air cleaner lid no chrome in 73. They call it a CJ but no CJ after mid year 72 they just called it a 351 4-V like the decal on the air cleaner shows.
I understood things the early '73 Q's had the Chrome air Cleaner Lid. Mine certainly has and it also has the 351 4-V decal.

My 1973 Q code Mach I has the same air cleaner. I'm sure Ford used whatever was left over since the Mustang IIs were on their way.

It has a 72 CJ air cleaner

73 did not have the diverter door

I believe they did, I have a NOS 73 CJ air cleaner that has it. I will throw some pics up tomorrow.

I believe they did, I have a NOS 73 CJ air cleaner that has it. I will throw some pics up tomorrow.
Hi Don, here is the NOS air cleaner.

20161205_143750.jpg

20161205_143810.jpg

20161205_143826.jpg

Thanks for posting. That is very helpful.

Well maybe some of the original 73 Q code owners can chime in here.

I don't think David's car has one

The only ones I have seen were on 72 Q code CJ's and I think the diverters were silver. I have had 4-5 of those over the years.

Maybe some slipped through on some early 73's but I'm more inclined to think what you have is either.

An over the counter service part or possibly a 73 4 V Cougar air cleaner.

If they came on all 72 CJ's and 73 4V's there should be more of them out there. Another Ford mystery

Back