wiring harness routing pictures

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdietz

Reaction score
My Car
1971 429scj
I dismantled my car and didn't take pictures before hand. I am installing the wiring harness in the engine compartment and I need help.

Can some post pictures of how the wires get routed through the radiator support and head light buckets for the sport lights, side marker lights and lower valance lights.

Also, how the harness wraps around/under/through the battery tray on its way to the starter solenoid?

thanks

Gosh that is pretty year, model and option dependent. Each wire harness is different depending on year and what is on the car. I had a few pics of my original un restored 73 Mach 1 but it has about everything as far as options so would be different. It has air, P.S., PDB, P.W. Rear window defogger, gauges tach, 70 amp alternator, AM/ 8track so what you see if for lots of options. Don't really have good pics to show you but might help a little.

DSC00150.JPG

DSC00149.JPG

Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but these books might help you out. I took mine completely apart... and even cut it in half... and used the heck out of these manuals to get mine back together.

l-33j.jpg

There is a series of shop manuals, including: Body Assembly, Interior Assembly, Electrical Assembly, and Weld & Sealant Assembly.

See them here: https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_electrical_assembly_manual_71_72-138092-2975.html

These are what I used for my '71, but they're also available for other year models of Mustangs, including '72 & '73.

Hope that helps!

Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but these books might help you out. I took mine completely apart... and even cut it in half... and used the heck out of these manuals to get mine back together.

l-33j.jpg

There is a series of shop manuals, including: Body Assembly, Interior Assembly, Electrical Assembly, and Weld & Sealant Assembly.

See them here: https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_electrical_assembly_manual_71_72-138092-2975.html

These are what I used for my '71, but they're also available for other year models of Mustangs, including '72 & '73.

Hope that helps!

Looks like that is what I need to buy. thanks

Seriously, those books are huge helps. Not only does the Electrical Assembly Manual have Chilton's and Haynes Manual type illustrations of where exactly the various things go (including fasteners and whatnot), it also has complete schematics and even detailed information on particular circuits, connectors, part numbers, etc.

They're very helpful, and really not expensive. They also make great reference materials for later in the future when it comes time to troubleshoot something that's failed.

You won't regret it. ::thumb::

FWIW - The part of the harness that lives under/around the battery tray area is kind of a hot mess, no matter how you might try to get it under control. :whistling:

l-33j.jpg

Hope that helps!
Essential garage lit ! Careful about lending them out since you may never see them again...

Back