1968 Mercury Cyclone - Plain Jane

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Just what I was looking for to do extensive suspension and driveline and other modifications too. Did not want to cut into something highly desirable. With only 22K made in 2 years of this body style all of them are collectable in my book. The other noteworthy point of this is that is was scheduled for build 5 days ahead of my release date. lollerz

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I imagine the exchange before signing the contract:

"Would you like..?"

"Nope!"

"Yes but a radio is.."

"Nope!"

"Ok but for only 10$ you can have..."

"Nope!"

5 minutes later:

"Sorry Sir, but a steering wheel is mandatory, you can't opt out on that!"

:)

I almost feel sorry for that sales clerk. :)

Wow! I imagine the exchange before signing the contract:

"Would you like..?"

"Nope!"

"Yes but a radio is.."

"Nope!"

"Ok but for only 10$ you can have..."

"Nope!"

5 minutes later:

"Sorry Sir, but a steering wheel is mandatory, you can't opt out on that!"

:)

I almost feel sorry for that sales clerk. :)
That's a good way of thinking about it. What I do not know yet is why it has emission air tubes on the exhaust for a California Emissions system and a Atlanta DSO. It may have been a stock order for a California dealer that was re-routed based upon a customer order out of Atlanta OR it may be a engine swap. Will pull the motor in a couple of months to see if I can find a VIN stamp in the block.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is interesting. The only ones that I saw back in the day that were ordered without anything either had the biggest engine available and were destined to spend time at the drag strip, or the other end was like yours, littlest engine available that was pulled and replaced right after delivery, headed for the track.

Made a quick trip to TX over the weekend to get a parts car for the Cyclone project.  This Mercury Montego shares all of the same metal below the beltline.  Met some really great guys that are very knowledgeable on fords overall.  One of them is the owner of Marty Burke Motorsports http://martyburkemotorsports.com/index.htm .  Great guy and he has a great collection of cars. The 429 guys should look at his website.  Most of this car will be cut up to donate its parts to the Cyclone. Others must be sacrificed for some to move on.  I also obtained a decklid, rear bumper and C6 Cleveland bolt pattern.

montego12.jpg

Back