7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neubonik

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sportsback, 302w, 4-speed OD automatic.
Hello everyone,

My name is John. I'm from South Mississippi and I purchased a 1972 sportsback with a 302w about a year ago. This is my second vehicle and being 19, I feel like it was a fantastic purchase. I came across this site while looking for answers on a 351 swap. I'm still undecided if I'll do it or not. I have the original engine in it and the odometer says 31k (although it's probably 131k lollerz). I got her for $4,500 and she needs bodywork, paint job, and the wiring redone (automatic windows stopped working), but I absolutely love her.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Merry Christmas!13432423_151188825291856_1918111262559521348_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!!! That's a steal @ $4k.

Hello everyone,

My name is John. I'm from South Mississippi and I purchased a 1972 sportsback with a 302w about a year ago. This is my second vehicle and being 19, I feel like it was a fantastic purchase. I came across this site while looking for answers on a 351 swap. I'm still undecided if I'll do it or not. I have the original engine in it and the odometer says 31k (although it's probably 131k lollerz). I got her for $4,500 and she needs bodywork, paint job, and the wiring redone (automatic windows stopped working), but I absolutely love her.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Merry Christmas!

Hi John,

Welcome aboard! Nice looking ride. Just remember to take plenty of pictures as you start to work on her, label pieces parts as you disassemble and place all in plastic bags along with respective fasteners (very important). It may take a little time up front, but will save you a head ache down the road. Also don't start to tear apart something that you don't have the time or money to put back together in a short time.

It was once mentioned to me restoring a car is like drinking out of a spittoon, once you start, you can't stop it's all connected! Have fun.

Good Luck!

Mac

Hello and welcome to the site from a relatively close neighbor, Mobile. There are several of us in the area, one joined very recently. There is a boat load of info here. And if you can't find what you need, all you have to do is ask.

Howdy from Phoenix. That paint job is surprisingly attractive. Welcome to the site, you will find a TON of info and good people here. When you get a chance check out COTM (Car of the Month) and maybe put your car in!

Thank you all for the greetings and info! Y'all seem like a wonderful community. :D

I'll be moving to Foley, Alabama in a few months, maybe I'll get to meet some of y'all!

:thankyouyellow:

Back