Greetings everyone

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heardatbeat

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi everyone. New here been a lurker for a bit. Heard about this page from browsing the super awesome 1971 Mustang Mach 1. Finally bought one a few months ago with an interesting history. I bought it from a man in Idaho, he explained that car has been in his family for 25 years. Raced it for a few years and retired it and it has been sitting ever since. Here is where it gets very interesting (at least for me). The car has had it's engine replaced with a Boss 351 engine. They even painted the car with the Boss 351 stripes (pictures to come). Not only that I wanted to get a Marti report on it but the replaced the dash and did not write down the VIN from it so they had a new one issued to the car. :huh: Anyways this forum looks awesome. Cannot wait to see what is in store.

00m0m_aALhZ0QXxvE_1200x900.jpg

01010_loaUAVJ8zgv_1200x900.jpg

00w0w_f6EOG8pwlVX_1200x900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site from Wa state. Sounds like a cool car

Love to see some pics!

Glad you liked what you saw and decided to stay. Sounds like an interesting car especially if it is Boss powered. There are other venues where the vin info can be sourced plus I believe Marti can work with partial vin's. When you get a chance let us know more about your car and we will see if we can help you with any mysteries or questions you may have. Welcome to your new Mustang home!

G'day from Australia, I found my VIN under the passenger (driver for me!) fender at the top near the strut tower however you would have to undo the top bolts and move the fender to see it. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Thanks for the invitations. I am located in WA. Thanks for all the tips on the VIN. I am trying to add photos but Tapatalk keeps giving me an error. I will upload some photos tomorrow. Another tidbit I forgot to add was the Ram Air was stolen. [sMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Welcome from West Texas! ::thumb::

Can't wait for the pics - sounds awesome!!

Back