Nice, but too expensive

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link's gone. Maybe the owner noticed the extra zero and re-listed it or something. ;)

The ad opened for me. For a very well optioned car that is dry, the ask isn't that out of line in my opinion. Chuck

It just opened for me now, too. Like I say, I wonder if they pulled the ad for a bit, then put it back up or something. ::shrug::

It does look nice, pretty solid and unmolested. I think considering the paint, chrome surface rust, and lack of interior pictures issues, I'd be more comfortable offering around $10K or less, and go from there - price goes down [for me] if the interior and trunk aren't in really good shape.

The pics weren't all taken at the same time, as well - notice some had 'white letters out' on the tires, and others were straight black walls. Also, considering that San Jose is literally right next to San Francisco Bay, I'm not so sure I'd trust the "California Car - No Rust" claims without a close inspection.

The ad opened for me. For a very well optioned car that is dry, the ask isn't that out of line in my opinion. Chuck
I agree, based on the description, this is a good price for what is being offered...

Ram Air Cleaner looks odd. Wonder if its a 429 cleaner assy?

I do not think a 429 ram air cleaner will even fit a Cleveland.

I agree too expensive. You can see not original paint, clear coat peeling on the left side of the hood and the primer or filler showing through the hood and trunk not factory color. The Mach 1 honey comb rear panel is also odd.

He did not post trunk and interior pics for a reason. Should have rocker moldings also I think. The car is probably worth about $4,000 - 5,000 in the condition it is in. Less if trunk is gone and rear floors.

I have a California vert and yes they do rust. More rust around the rain gutter for the top than the two Michigan verts I have. Also around tail lights. that is from washing the car and feeding the rust not from rain or salt.

Remember pictures always make a car look better than in person. I think it would be a disappointing car in person. Yes lots of great options but do they work he shows nothing. Top is also shot. They made 414 with that engine transmission configuration so not as rare as the 72 version.

California cars that have spent time close to the ocean will have a lot of rust, and San Jose is not that far away. Why have a convertible if you're not going to cruise the beaches?

California cars that have spent time close to the ocean will have a lot of rust, and San Jose is not that far away. Why have a convertible if you're not going to cruise the beaches?
'Verts are better to pick up the chicks!

OK guys,

I'm totally missing the San Jose connection with this car.

The ad says it's in El Dorado Hills which is about 140 miles inland from San Jose.

It's about 60 miles from me if any one wants more pics.

Bru

Thank you sir..

My old eyes did not catch that line, even after re-reading twice.

If you read the ad, he says that it was originally a San Jose car.

Back