Should I Paint the Rockers or Not?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I am thinking about having the rockers painted black like most Mach 1 are...for some reason, mine wasn't painted when it was restored 20 some years ago. What do you guys think? Paint it or let it stay yellow as is?

im6zkk.jpg

Tough call. I kinda like it the way it is, to be honest... but the hockey stripes do just kinda look like they're all alone and missing something.

It's gonna look cool either way - just don't lose the Cragars or slapper bars (I might be a little biased in that regard...). :whistling: ::thumb::

But the '69 Mach 1 had a black out hood without painted rockers, Scott.

And it looks fantastic.

Painting the rocker panels tends to give a slimmer appearance if that is something you would like.

I find your car refreshing without them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, I was actually thinking of using black vinyl. There is a shop in town that does vinyl wraps...if it isn't super expensive, maybe I'll give it a try and see how it looks. The main thing I think it would do is help hide the door gaps and stuff a little better than the bright yellow does!

I do like the black rockers. In my opinion it tends to visually lower the car and pull it together with the other black accents. I would try the vinyl wrap. It would also offer a small degree of protection from rock chips.

Back