What rims are these?

Anderslober

Actually, they look like older knock-off American Racing Hurricane IIs - made popular by the custom Corvette from the movie Corvette Summer, with the Hurricane on the General Lee in the original Dukes Of Hazzard show. Enkei, Western Wheels, etc., all had their own versions with subtle differences.

The Detroit Vintage Wheels are reproductions of the Appliance Turbo Vectors from back in the day, which are seen in the bottom picture. The difference between the Appliance Turbo Vectors and the Hurricanes/Cyclones are the break in the fins - the Vectors have that angle close to the hub, whereas the Hurricanes/Cyclones have smooth fins.

I seem to remember Ford having some of their models with turbine wheels as well, they had a lot more tightly-packed fins (Thuderbird/Cougars). The Mustang GTs starting in '87 also had factory turbines, but they looked a lot different.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Funny I can remember when you couldn't give them away!

Now they are being reproduced! WOW.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I really like that style of wheels. For a brief time I'd thought about getting a set of those - but I could only find the real rims to fit our car in 14" diameter.

If I ever manage to talk her into building that '68-'82 Corvette, it'll have a set of Hurricanes or Cyclones for sure. :cool:

Eric

mach1sig2.gif