1971 Mustang Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to this fantastic site. I own a 1971 Mustang Convertible that I picked up in 1987 in Germany. No, it is not a T 5. After so many years there were many parts missing that I never heard of. I am looking for the steel plate that bolts to the bottom of the car that attaches to the seat reinforcements and only Convertibles have that. I also need the 6 bolts that hold it in place. If someone has an extra plate please let me know. Thanks so much! "OLD MUSTANGS NEVER DIE, THEY JUST GO FASTER" !!!

Merry Christmas and welcome to the best site for 71-73 Mustangs. The plate your referring to is what Ford called Plate, front floor lower cross member. This part (C5ZZ-7610962-A) was used on all 65-73 Mustang convertibles. The six bolts are 3/8-16x 1-1/8 hex head bolt and washer. There may be some members here that have some used ones or you could also check with a couple of our on site venders that have parts cars. (Don@ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ Motorcity Mustang) I believe there is a repo version manufactured by Scott Drake but may not be as thick as the original. You can also try your luck and search E-Bay with the Ford number. When you get a chance please tell us some more about your non T-5 Mustang find!

Good luck with your search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas and welcome to the best site for 71-73 Mustangs. The plate your referring to is what Ford called Plate, front floor lower cross member. This part (C5ZZ-7610962-A) was used on all 65-73 Mustang convertibles. The six bolts are 3/8-16x 1-1/8 hex head bolt and washer. There may be some members here that have some used ones or you could also check with a couple of our on site venders that have parts cars. (Don@ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ Motorcity Mustang) I believe there is a repo version manufactured by Scott Drake but may not be as thick as the original. You can also try your luck and search E-Bay with the Ford number. When you get a chance please tell us some more about your non T-5 Mustang find!

Good luck with your search.
:thankyouyellow:

Merry Christmas to you too!

I have contacted Mike at Motor City but he doesn't have the part. He's such a nice guy! I will try my luck with Ohio Mustang, thanks for the info. When I purchased the car near Munich in 1987 it had a German title and registration and German specs meaning the headlights were H4. This title showed 3 previous owners since 1980 when it was imported from Great Britain. About 6 months later I drove the car to Monaco on a 2 week trip through Switzerland, Italy and France round trip and I used about 6 quarts of oil due to leakage and burning oil. But she made it without a problem. Later I found out that the car was built in Dearborn, MI and was shipped to a Ford dealer in Wanthaugh, NY (I hope I spelled that correctly) with DSO 13. I have no traces of owners between the dealership in New York and the time it ended up in Great Britain but I do have the name and address of the 1 owner in Great Britain before it shipped to Germany! In 1997 I decided to move back to the states but left the car in storage until 2012. That year I reunited with my Mustang. A lot of pieces were dry rotted including the tires. It went through a restoration in 1990 and then again she is currently in the process of being restored a second time. What a fun car to drive and not just to look at it. I just love the body style on those cars. I think they are one of the best year Mustang, that's just my taste and opinion. Good Day!

Here is what it looks like.
c210b8b1cdd9d94eda0f68b5c4166cd0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome and Happy New Year!. I think the town you are noting is Wantagh, NY. It's located on Long Island. There is currently a Ford dealer there but I do not know if it is the same one that was operating in 1971.

Thanks Pastor Pat. She looks rougher than she appears, needing rear quarter panels and fender aprons installed. Yes, Wanthaugh Ford is based on Long Island, I even had their phone number which I lost. I think they are still in business. If there only was a way to find out about the original owner!

Thanks Pastor Pat. She looks rougher than she appears, needing rear quarter panels and fender aprons installed. Yes, Wanthaugh Ford is based on Long Island, I even had their phone number which I lost. I think they are still in business. If there only was a way to find out about the original owner!
The dealer I know over there is known as Hassett Ford. If you need their number or any info let me know.

Sure, phone number wouldn't hurt. I had the impression that dealer was called Wanthaugh as well but i could be mistaken. Maybe Hassett took over? I wouldn't think they had any info on Mustangs they sold back in the days, but who knows.

The dealer I know over there is known as Hassett Ford. If you need their number or any info let me know.

IMG_2105.JPGthis is a little ruff.

this is a little ruff.

Not too bad!

Back