In the rough!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be worth 1500 if there is a real diamond in there somewhere. i didn't know a car could rust that much and stay together. I am amazed it is not bending in the center.

I had one very similar to that, but mine did bend a touch in the middle.

jfhvz8.jpg

This thing still looks good compared to a 70 Challenger convertible I saw on a tilt tray heading to somebody's place a couple of months back. All I can say is that's minor rust on this vert compared to that Challenger. Obviously somebody with too much money, time or both, never in my life seen quarters (basically what quarters) eaten out so much by rust. Looked like it had backed into a creek and parked there.

I don't think one can reach the green from this rough without at least a double bogey...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the underbody is already stressed. See the pic showing the door as it meets the front fender?

This one will be a parts car - I hope. It would take thousands just to get it structurally sound. Sad but stuff (rust) happens.

Ray

You guys are looking at this all wrong. Thinking about the time you will save not having to cut that rear quarter panel off! :)

On a brighter not the drivers side door panel looks like it's in good shape!

That lower passenger side door reminds me of when James Bond cut up the side of the Mustang with the spinners on his Aston Martin in Goldfinger.

sad to think I bought my last Pony , also a 73 vert for only $1k and its in way better shape than this one!

Back