429 parts availability

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6972boss

Reaction score
My Car
72 sport roof R code waiting to be finished. 67 and 69 shelby's are ahead of it.
How hard is it to find a C6 for a C code and what do they generally go for? How about a C code air cleaner?

How hard is it to find a C6 for a C code and what do they generally go for? How about a C code air cleaner?

The transmissions are out there... but like all rare J or C Code parts, few and far between today. I am guessing anywhere from $800 -$1500 depending on originality and condition. I sold one about 6 years ago for $500, complete but needing a rebuild.

I have seen the air cleaners come up once in a while and again not cheap. If it is all there, would probably start at $500 in today's market.

I was fortunate that most rare pieces were still with my car after 44 years, but I still had to search out the carb, distributor, alternator; to name a few. Good luck.

I have two C6's, but both are mid '70's Lincoln 460 applications. I've heard that the tail shafts are longer in the Lincoln compared to any Mustang, but I'm not certain. Also have (what I believe is) a freshly rebuilt, no fluid small block C6 that I can't seem to be able to sell for $175, which I thought was a giveaway price.

I have two C6's, but both are mid '70's Lincoln 460 applications. I've heard that the tail shafts are longer in the Lincoln compared to any Mustang, but I'm not certain. Also have (what I believe is) a freshly rebuilt, no fluid small block C6 that I can't seem to be able to sell for $175, which I thought was a giveaway price.
Yes they are longer and the CJ version has a cast iron tail shaft, R Servo and other internal upgrades in comparison to the standard BB C-6. Your price is good btw...

C-6 Trans Rebuilt & Back Home Sept 26, 2016 (2).jpg

Good info, thanks! I am still trying to secure the deal on a C code mach 1 that needs ALOT of stuff.

I think that everythings available if you're willing to look around. The sooner you need it the more expensive it will end up being.

Keep us up to date on the potentional purchase!

Back