Anyone Lowered Theirs?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evoking

Reaction score
My Car
15' Lambo Huracan
13' E350 Bluetec
15' LX460
Hey guys. I'm shopping classic muscle to flank my primary toy. I like the 71-73 despite people hating on it. The lines are quite exotic to me and and far underrated.

I think the lines are particularly special and come alive when lowered and wheels fill the fenders. Have any lowered theirs? Pls post pics!

Hey guys. I'm shopping classic muscle to flank my primary toy. I like the 71-73 despite people hating on it. The lines are quite exotic to me and and far underrated.

I think the lines are particularly special and come alive when lowered and wheels fill the fenders. Have any lowered theirs? Pls post pics!
Welcome from Colorado. I lowered mine 2 1/2" in the front and 2" in the rear.

IMG_20150910_154750_388.jpg

Beautiful! What lowering springs or coil overs did you use? And did the ride quality go bad?

Beautiful! What lowering springs or coil overs did you use? And did the ride quality go bad?
the ride improves greatly and with the right size rims like night and day i would say try not to use blocks in the rear

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Evoking,

I'm old school, and run 15 inch rims on my Vert. 8x15 up front and 10x15 on the rear. My front and back suspension is mostly stock by nature. I get a pretty good ride and the handling is OK as well.

On the back i upgraded to new 5 leaf springs teamed with standard eye shackles, and run standard shocks - thats it. No sway bars or anything like that. The rear end is slowly dropping or settling as time goes by, and that's OK with me.

On the front - that's all stock as well except for replacing the springs. I went with a local Aussie company called King Springs. They produce a special good quality lower spring for the 1,2,3 's. The new springs really improved the ride and handling very much. I was impressed with that.

Cheers,

Greg.:)

Front 1" lowering springs, rear stock leafs. Wheels front 18x8, rear 18x9._Ryan View attachment 37055

Last edited by a moderator:

lowered mine

2rhmo39.jpg

23kov2p.jpg

I'll try to get a better side shot for you later.

the tires in have on it are 295 x 50 x 15 rears

and 235 x 60 x 15 fronts on 500 magnums' .. rims.

I cut 3/4 coil off the stock coil ,(could of done a full coil) and had custom 5 leafs system made for the rear . eventually I removed one leaf and it was the short one on the bottom. I also installed a custom 2" rear sway bar that ran off the frame to the 9" rear. also installed tubular control arms and an over sized sway bar on the front. the top of the rubber is in line with the top edge of the fenders. that puts the rain gutter of the roof line 48" from the ground. I have won two trophies alone for best wheels and stance.

Btw: here what looks like with the original rims instead of the 18inch ones. The lowering is still pretty obvious but not as pronounced as with the big rims. The low ratio of the 18 inch tires adds a lot to the lowered look as it brings the rim closer to the fender lip.

These are Magnum 500 with bad chrome so I painted them black.

IMG_5767.JPG

Back