New year, new member!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tegemus

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M code Mach 1
Well, sort of a new member. I've been lurking since September, getting to know my way around the boards. Purchased a '71 Mach 1 in early November, black with argent hockey stripes, and it's taken about a month to wind its way from Detroit to southern Ontario, Canada where I reside. I'll upload a few pics of it in a future post.

The Beast belonged to a rich guy with a collection who had to sell a few dust-gatherers post-divorce. He provided me with little to no info on the car, but my basic Marti tells me it's a very early production (August 14, 1970) 351C M-code. VIN 1F05M101779. I've pulled the motor since it appears the Beast was a garage queen; I'm going to have it rebuilt and update the factory air at the same time.

I'm impressed with the friendilness and depth of knowledge everyone displays on this site. Kudos to you all. I'm sure I'll need lots of advice as I update the Beast for active duty, and 7173stangs is the best website I've come across for that. I'd like to transform her into a warm-weather driver with lots of trips to shows and meet-ups and burgers and beers. Hope to meet as many of you as I can in the future!

Welcome from Western Washington! Look forward to future pics!!

Tegemus, we like "Lurkers"! Gives you a chance to check out the lay of the land and see what a great group of people are here. Lots of knowledge and experience here and everyone willing to share and help in any way. Sounds like you have acquired a very nice Mach1 to start your 71-73 career. Like others have stated when you get a chance, please post some pictures of your "Beast". Happy New Year and welcome to your new Mustang home!!

Back