Aftermarket trunk drop off panels.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hi guys. Just wanted to give a heads up to what I found with the aftermarket trunk drop off panels. I have one from a manufacture that I do not know?? and one from Goodmark. I found that the one from Goodmark is much nicer quality. It seems to fit better. The tooling marks are much closer to the original and they have the holes already punched in them. The other did not seem to even have the right overall shape and would of required more trimming to make work. So if your in the market for a set of trunk drop off panels I would highly recommend the Goodmark brand. Heres a pic of them side by side and its easy to see the difference, Goodmark on top. Both will work, but the Goodmark just look a little more factory and less modifications necessary for a good fit.

vql5op.jpg

The bottom one looks like it was homemade.

Yeah I had one already and it was a goodmark. I ordered another one and the bottom one showed up. I didn't like the looks of it and it didn't match the other side at all, so I made sure I found another goodmark and re-ordered. The top bend on the goodmark one is much wider also.

I ran into that as well. Before I learned that it's better to just order these things from OMS, I'd bought mine from CJPP. Both were different - one was a Goodmark, and the other was some other brand... and so very much not the same as the Goodmark. I think they might've even sent me 2 "left panels" or something like that.

So, I ordered another Goodmark for the other side and everything was good after that. I wound up using the off-brand one like a piece of scrap sheet metal and made all sorts of little patches and things with it.

I ran into that as well. Before I learned that it's better to just order these things from OMS, I'd bought mine from CJPP. Both were different - one was a Goodmark, and the other was some other brand... and so very much not the same as the Goodmark. I think they might've even sent me 2 "left panels" or something like that.

So, I ordered another Goodmark for the other side and everything was good after that. I wound up using the off-brand one like a piece of scrap sheet metal and made all sorts of little patches and things with it.
The one on the bottom I sold him, made in CT by SMR

Yeah Don. That's one I got off you. I didn't know what one I had when I ordered. If the other side would of matched I would of used yours but I wanted to keep the look consistent. Not a big deal but wanted to let the guys know what options are out there.

The one on the bottom I sold him, made in CT by SMR
Maybe so, but you never sold me two different panels for the same side, calling them one for each. :whistling: rofl

Just sayin' ::thumb::

Thanks for the thread

Pity I now have the bottom ones

Looks like I will to make them fit now, damn it!
Either one needs nipped, hammered and massaged into place.

Top panel is by Spectra out of Canada - good panel but the die is pretty

worn and it has issues too.

Don, can you get the goodmark/spectra trunk drop off panels?

Back