Beast pix

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tegemus

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M code Mach 1
Thanks to all the site members who have warmly welcomed me to 7173 Stangs. I stated in my intro that I'd eventually post pix of the Beast , and today's the day. Just as a reminder, I purchased the Beast from a rich guy in November who was going through a divorce and had to sell part of his collection.

Today's shots are inside a very small garage at a performance shop. They're going to rebuild the 351C four-barrel engine and strap on a new air conditioner to replace the old R12 unit. I also plan to switch over to a Wilwood disc brake system with updated suspension. If you hear a creaking sound as you look at the pix, that's the sound of the money pit slowly opening.

I wasn't able to get any shots of the rear of the car because it was pouring rain and the garage door was down.

Enjoy!

beast.jpg

beast1.jpg

beast2.jpg

beast3.jpg

Nice score! Perfect color::thumb::

WOW it's gorgeous and handsome at the same time!

I would think about keeping the R12. If the system is still sealed it is probably fine. R12 is not as expensive as it once was. Certainly less than a conversion. If the system was toast then I would consider doing the fix using R134 but if it is otherwise fine R12 should work fine.

Thanks for the advice, Wiil E. I'll definitely keep it in mind as we do the rebuild. Any cash I can save from tossing into the money pit can be better used supporting young exotic dancers who are working their way through college.:D

Thanks for the advice, Wiil E. I'll definitely keep it in mind as we do the rebuild. Any cash I can save from tossing into the money pit can be better used supporting young exotic dancers who are working their way through college.:D
I'd like to support those dancers as well...got any pics?

When you pull the old A/C out check the condition of all items under the hood. I am replacing a missing A/C and have very little of it remaining to work with. I have a new York compressor with brackets and clutch

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet car! ::thumb::

I'm assuming you're scraping that nonsense off the windshield, though. :chin:

Nice looking car!

That nonsense on the windshield stays! It improves aerodynamics and makes the car go faster! lollerz

l love it......

Thanks to all the site members who have warmly welcomed me to 7173 Stangs. I stated in my intro that I'd eventually post pix of the Beast , and today's the day. Just as a reminder, I purchased the Beast from a rich guy in November who was going through a divorce and had to sell part of his collection.

Today's shots are inside a very small garage at a performance shop. They're going to rebuild the 351C four-barrel engine and strap on a new air conditioner to replace the old R12 unit. I also plan to switch over to a Wilwood disc brake system with updated suspension. If you hear a creaking sound as you look at the pix, that's the sound of the money pit slowly opening.

I wasn't able to get any shots of the rear of the car because it was pouring rain and the garage door was down.

Enjoy!

Back