Rear Spoilers on Convertibles? Yes or No?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Question for the Convertible guys...do you prefer your Verts with or without rear spoilers?

Just a random question and has nothing to do with the super secret surprise fundraiser!! :cool:

Definitely yes. The right one though, don't really care for the factory one. I think mine is from a 3rd gen Firebird.

4ae6ca7878965b00fea9cc754cab4849.jpg

04b9f60234fdd4029a0868b81ca53cb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you widened the spoiler to fit the wider vert body then it might look better. The holes to mount it also fall in bad place cuts the inner panel to pieces.

For now no and I have one I am removing, 72 Q vert. PO had already ruined a great rust free trunk like by cutting up the inner panel and drilling the holes.:mad:

The example above looks good. Color matched to the body is for the win! (BTW, what tires/rims are you sporting on that thing? They look great and I am looking for a new set).

The original spoiler CAN look good with the right color combination. On my baby blue convert with a white top and chrome accents like the convertible above, a black spoiler would look very much out of place.

But if you have some of the black side moldings, stripes, etc and with the right colors I think it can look pretty sharp.

The wheels are 17x7 American Racing Torque Thrust II and the tires are Falken ZE 912s 225/50/17 Front and 225/55/17 rear. I bought it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously, yes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I'm a big boy.

Here's a pic before and after (front/rear spoiler and NACA hood painted).

Yay or nay?

1973 (640x361).jpg

$RYF9UUM (800x451).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

But always remember, if it's your car you are always right!!

I don't have a vert but that blue one looks great! Generally "no". Some just look ridiculous! Totally depends on color combo.

Question for the Convertible guys...do you prefer your Verts with or without rear spoilers?

Just a random question and has nothing to do with the super secret surprise fundraiser!! :cool:

Convertible without! Mach 1 definitely with spoiler!

I think a rear spoiler looks odd with the roof down.

Yes and no. Sorry, no definite answer.

It all depends on the overall look of the car. I've seen verts that looked great with spoilers and others that looked weird.

Now the blue one above with the Firebird spoiler looks perfect!!!!

Yes and no. Sorry, no definite answer.

It all depends on the overall look of the car. I've seen verts that looked great with spoilers and others that looked weird.

Now the blue one above with the Firebird spoiler looks perfect!!!!
+1 Yes and No.

Each car has it's own look.

Back