Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to attend every year for 8 years. Used to lived 5 miles from the big tent. Was cool for a few years but things started to change. Reality TV cars that were substandard in build quality started to get big money, knocking out the regular bidder. BJ started putting big name builders in the best time slots that didn't necessarily have the best cars. Leaving the small guys with great cars in the cold. Then, big money bidders started running the show by giving signs to Craig Jackson to either push a car through or keep it on the block for more bids (i.e. Ron Pratt)

Now it is just about exposure and endorsements and what big names they can bring in, the classic car has become a by product.

Tired of the BJ hype and the smoke and mirrors. Tired of the alcohol induced genital measuring by people who have more money than education in classic cars. This hurts the hobby, I believe as people start looking at our cars as purely investments and not something to enjoy and have pride in. And FINALLY, everyone who puts their classic up for sale thinking they have a big $$$ BJ quality car with their dented, rusty car, asks huge money for it, all thanks to the auction hype.

My worthless $.02. Off my soap box:thankyouyellow::whistling:

:)

P.S.

It's not all bad. For those new attendees, it is a great chance to see some dream cars and mix it up with big names. Some fun excitement!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to attend every year for 8 years. Used to lived 5 miles from the big tent. Was cool for a few years but things started to change. Reality TV cars that were substandard in build quality started to get big money, knocking out the regular bidder. BJ started putting big name builders in the best time slots that didn't necessarily have the best cars. Leaving the small guys with great cars in the cold. Then, big money bidders started running the show by giving signs to Craig Jackson to either push a car through or keep it on the block for more bids (i.e. Ron Pratt)

Now it is just about exposure, not about the classic car.

Tired of the BJ hype and the smoke and mirrors. Tired of the alcohol induced genital measuring by people who have more money than education in classic cars. This hurts the hobby, I believe. And FINALLY, everyone who puts their classic up for sale thinks they have big $$$ with their dented, rusty car asks huge money for it, all thanks to the auction hype.

Off my soap box:thankyouyellow::whistling:

I'll take that as a no. Was just looking to meet other members.

Now it is just about exposure, not about the classic car.

Tired of the BJ hype and the smoke and mirrors. Tired of the alcohol induced genital measuring by people who have more money than education in classic cars. This hurts the hobby, I believe. And FINALLY, everyone who puts their classic up for sale thinks they have big $$$ with their dented, rusty car asks huge money for it, all thanks to the auction hype.

Off my soap box:thankyouyellow::whistling:

I'll take that as a no. Was just looking to meet other members.
:D well, not that I would never again attend, it would be good to hang with other members and throw a few back and watch the show.

Back