• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2017 project | 4 speed manual transmission

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am starting a new project in 2017.

I was lucky enough to get a standard bore 4 bolt 351 Cleveland block and I am going to renew it with new components for my 72 Mustang.

In the course of this project, I want to change her from automatic to manual transmission. I want to go as close to stock as possible, with the technique used in those days, 45 years ago. So a modern 5 speed is not what I am looking for. I am looking for a complete 4 speed wide ratio manual transmission for a 351 Cleveland included all the stuff I need to have, starting with the clutch pedal, brake pedal, flywheel, clutch, bellhousing, and all the other parts I missed in this list.

If necessary a parts car will not be refused. :whistling:

Is there anybody out there who knows where I can find what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance.:thankyouyellow:

Frank

Wish I would have known a couple of months ago, changing my daughters 73 convertible from a manual trans to an automatic. Already sold the pedals and linkage, etc. The rest of it is a 3 speed manual, so nothing else will work for you. Will keep my eyes open though as I get more parts cars in.

Hi Don

Thanks for the information. :thankyouyellow:

I have just sent a mail to Steve.

Frank
I am still searching!

Steve's is already sold. :(

Frank

Back