Mach 1 Styling Cues

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike Morelli

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 ram air 351c H-code, fmx, ps,pb, medium yellow-gold, hubcaps and beauty rings.
Mach 1 and GT40.pdfThis photo is from the Mustang Recognition Guide. I've always dug the comparison...those who aren't quite sold on the 71-73 lines should look at this.

Attachments

• Mach 1 and GT40.pdf
    447 KB · Views: 108
You know, these cars are low. In fact, it's one of my biggest bitches about the lack of ground clearance on my '71 Mach 1. I have not lowered my car, it has the heavier front and rear springs that come on the 429 cars that I had installed on my 351c car, to help with towing loads, so it should even be a bit higher maybe, but it's not. I tow with my car, and if you've ever backed up over the crest of a launch ramp you'd know there are times that you can scrape in the middle. I've always thought that headers would be a no-brainer as far as horsepower bolt-ons, but I crushed a brand new set of headers after only having them on for one week, when I went to the grocery store and drove over a speed bump in the parking lot. Goodbye $$$$$. If you stand next to the car and put your arm straight out, your arm is nowhere near the roofline. Overall, my stock suspensioned car is as low as a good friends lowered '69 Mustang.

Yeah but I was referring to the stance of this particular one. It lacks the typical "tug boat" look these cars have with stock suspension. I guess this shows a pre production car and it's interesting how low the front is.

It sits like mine and I lowered the crap outta mine.

Along the same topic watch "The 24 hour war" its about Ford Ferrari and Lemans.. Really good movie.

Latest posts

Back