• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Wheels / Radio / Bumper Guards / Twist Locks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul of MO

Reaction score
My Car
71 M Code Convert - Barn find
73 H Code Convert - Field find
73 H code - Latest Project
I am gathering all the missing parts listed on the Marti report for our 1971 M code convertible.

We need a set 15 inch Magnums - daily driver is ok.

Am 8 track. Does not need to work as we have a modern radio in the glove box.

Front Bumper guards.

Also need the twist hood locks - just the part that turns as the car has all the other parts still on it.

122zt01.jpg

Thanks!

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have some nice bumper guards

For the twist locks I have new repro pair for 112.95

D1ZZ-16896-R/PR

Don

I have a set of Magnum 500's that I have convinced myself to sell since I plan to leave hubcaps on my car. They aren't something I would want to ship though.

Paul, I have a very nice set of twist hood locks that came off my 47k mile car since I purchased NOS. Send me a PM if interested.

I have a set of Magnum 500's that I have convinced myself to sell since I plan to leave hubcaps on my car. They aren't something I would want to ship though.
I live near St. Louis and always need an excuse for a road trip. Let me know what you want for them.

Thanks to all for responses and PM's

- Paul

I may have some nice bumper guards

For the twist locks I have new repro pair for 112.95

D1ZZ-16896-R/PR

Don
We are approaching this a little bit differently than a formal restoration. My son and I simply do not have the money or skill to do it 100% correctly.

His first plan was to rat rod the car. My Dad hated rat rods with a passion.

An unrestored survivor car is always cool. I like that look better than a partially done car with somethings really nice and other that need attention.

We are going to do the metal work correctly and then a daily driver paint job. I have no doubt that I can achieve over spray / orange peel just like Ford did back in the day. We got a box truck of 71 - 73 parts, sorted out the best parts, cleaned them up, and will use them as is.

When done we want the first impression to be "wow - that car is a nice untouched original" Everything needs to look about the same age. So nice but not perfect twist locks will fit our goals the best.

Let me know what you think about this approach. I can not find anyone approaching a project this way other than the fake rust painted on some old trucks.

Paul

I have a pair of old twist locks. The chrome is pitted, but they are just the parts you are looking for from that description.

If you will send me a PM with your mailing info I'll drop them in them in the mail to you. If they work for you-great, if not just pass them along

I have a pair of old twist locks. The chrome is pitted, but they are just the parts you are looking for from that description.

If you will send me a PM with your mailing info I'll drop them in them in the mail to you. If they work for you-great, if not just pass them along
Thank you so much!

Here are the wheels. They are 15 x 7 and the tires are dated 407. There is good tread and they don't have cracks. The wheels are in good shape, I can post individual pics if you like. Are you still interested?

15mz2f6.jpg

Here are the wheels. They are 15 x 7 and the tires are dated 407. There is good tread and they don't have cracks. The wheels are in good shape, I can post individual pics if you like. Are you still interested?

15mz2f6.jpg
Those are nice - what is your price? I will be in Springfield Il in a few weeks so a trip up towards Chicago will work for me if that is good for you.

I appreciate everyone's assistance.

Paul

Back