Very solid car - No accidents !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He shows the cost and how many days for everything else, but

How many days and how many dollars to find a 428 cobra jet and 4 speed tranny?

Some people.... I have to shake my head somedays

I think the seller meant it was no accident that it is up for sale.

Pegleg, must be something as good some of the assembly line workers had! Paint booth ready in seven days?! Figured the forum members here who have actually done the same type of work on the same condition car would enjoy that. Problem with this one is same as a Boss 351 with no powertrain. Unless you have access to a 428CJ and a top loader 4 speed, your just buying a sportroof body with a desirable vin. Last year for production installed FE engines in cars was 1970.(A few very early 71 LTD's received 390's before the 400 was ready),1976 for light trucks, and 1978 for medium duty trucks. So they can still be found, but the fabled 428 CJ/SCJ can be very expensive as a lot have been used up in the past 46+ years. Of course it's all followed up with a glowing picture of a Acapulco Blue Mach1 on the Barrett Jackson stage!

Be sure to bring plenty of money, this one is gonna need it!!

I like that he states its "numbers matching" but has no drive train! What a salesman....
I think that is my favourite line as well. The other bit I like is that $2k for paint and material. I am thinking that the labour might increase that by 3 fold as a start.

They bring high dollars when done. I have a 70 MACHi on a rotisserie that I just finished the bottom and the engine compartment. They are not cheap cars to build but they do bring serious money.

Yeah, but shouldn't the "serious money" go to the guy who actually finishes the project? [And not every swingin' d!ck along the way to might've accidentally bumped up against it now wanting their slice of the "serious money it could be worth someday."]

That's what I hate about collector cars that have "potential" value. A rusty shell of a Boss 351 missing its driveline is somehow still worth more than a fully restored H-Code - just because its VIN plates are intact and legible?! Sure, it could be worth $60K+ when it's finally done - but it's going to take $40K to get there... on top of the ridiculous price the seller wants because of what it might be worth someday.

My opinion is: in its present condition, it's not worth any more than any other car in the same shape... and if you want 'your share of the potential value,' then put the effin' thing back together and take your chances.

just a couple parking lot dings lollerz
He should have said "One careful owner", the other 6 were rough and beat the crap out of it.

The drive train is pretty easy to find just the money to buy is difficult part. Go to the Charlotte swap meet in the spring, first weekend of April and there will be several to choose from. I can get you a BB 4 speed about any time you want one with any tag you want on it.

He is way off on his estimates for sure, lol. It is more like $3,200 for materials like sand paper, sealer, filler, epoxy primer, top coats, buffing compounds etc. You could not do the final sand & buff in 7 days. He must have a magic wand.

There is the one guy here in N.C. has probably a dozen R code 428 cars and one he changed to a 427 tunnel port I know he has the engines and cars but he will not sell, lol. That is why there are so few of them people hoard them until they die then the family sells cheap or takes to scrap. One of my cousins had 3 NOS 427 side oiler blocks and will not sell. Have not seen him in 20 years.

Anyone ever been to his shop? Would like to see pics.

2K for paint mistrals. Maybe cheep crap!

7 days ready for paint. No way!

1 day for tear down,1 day sand blast . OK

2 days, new pans and radiator support. 2 LONG days.

1 day to hang new doors and nose. I don't think so!

Last day to prep rear quarters and trunk. "Last day". Is he saying 1 day for real??

7 more days for body prep jam and paint. And the car will be as strait??

14 days painted and ready to assemble.

I find his statements laughable and downright ridiculous!

Back