First Look

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdM

Reaction score
Between the Texas Hill Country and North Idaho
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code, a 427 Dart based Windsor, Pro Flo 4, Tremec 5 speed, A/C, 12.7:1 steering conversion, SoT coil over and Dakota Digital dash.
My son and I completed the installation of the new 4 1/2 leaf mid-eyes and Bilstein's today. The Street or Track coil over system has been installed as well. I set the front about midway up the tube for a first try. We just got it down on the wheels and it seems to sit about how I wanted. I still have power steering plumbing work, clearance grinding on the front sway bar ends and a full check for clearances with the front suspension and steering. Once confirmed, I will drive it some and see how the suspension settles to determine if the front height needs to be tweaked. It has been a fair bit of work but I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Looks awesome. Can't wait for you to report the improvements in ride and handling.

Did you drive the car stock for a while to be able to compare?

Nice stance. Looks great! Ryan

Looks awesome. Can't wait for you to report the improvements in ride and handling.

Did you drive the car stock for a while to be able to compare?
Rather stunning in that the guy I bought it from in San Diego spent a pile of money rebuilding all, engine/top loader/9"/ interior... but did not touch the steering/suspension as best I can tell. Here is what came out.

Back