Finding Front Seats

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomke1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe
1972 Mustang Mach 1
I just bought a '72 Coupe that only has one front seat. It's the driver seat but after a more careful look I discovered it was the passenger seat mounted in the drivers spot. It works, apart from a missing bolt on the hinge which I need to find online hopefully, but I still need another seat. Looking online about all I can find are replacement upholstery, foam, and sliding seat mounts. How do I get a full seat that is true to the original? Lots of complete repro seats for the 60's models. Any suggestions for this new owner and first time poster to this forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep your eyes open on EBay. I needed some seats for a 73 coupe and finally found some for a very good price. Cost more to have them shipped to me than the cost of the seats themselves. Definitely check with Don of Ohio Mustang (listed on here). He has lots of used/new parts and knows lots of people. Good luck and if I happen to run across any, I will let you know.

Keep your eyes open on EBay. I needed some seats for a 73 coupe and finally found some for a very good price. Cost more to have them shipped to me than the cost of the seats themselves. Definitely check with Don of Ohio Mustang (listed on here). He has lots of used/new parts and knows lots of people. Good luck and if I happen to run across any, I will let you know.
Try Craigslist, much cheaper than FleaBay...did a quick search near me and a pair for $50 is hard to beat.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/5942556558.html

BDK

I just bought a '72 Coupe that only has one front seat. It's the driver seat but after a more careful look I discovered it was the passenger seat mounted in the drivers spot. It works, apart from a missing bolt on the hinge which I need to find online hopefully, but I still need another seat. Looking online about all I can find are replacement upholstery, foam, and sliding seat mounts. How do I get a full seat that is true to the original? Lots of complete repro seats for the 60's models. Any suggestions for this new owner and first time poster to this forum?

I have some seats

I have hinges bolts too

Where are you located? - I'll PM you

Last edited by a moderator:

I have some seats

I have hinges bolts too

Where are you located? - I'll PM you
Thanks. I need a hinge bolt and washer. Everything I read showed there being a pivot pin and cotter pin holding the back on. Took my seat out and when I removed the cover from the side that was complete I discovered it was a star bolt and washer. Now I can't find that part either so if you or someone else has it please let me know. Thanks.

If your car has the convenience group your seats are different. There are 4 spacers in the bottom platform that give room for the wiring to go to the seat back release. If you think you can swayhttp://www.toploadertransmissions.comp the seat back release to a non release frame NOT. totally different weldment. Could be done but lots of work. If your car has convenience group then look for seat that has the seat back release and spacers on the seat tracks.

You have been warned, lol.

If your car has the convenience group your seats are different. There are 4 spacers in the bottom platform that give room for the wiring to go to the seat back release. If you think you can swayhttp://www.toploadertransmissions.comp the seat back release to a non release frame NOT. totally different weldment. Could be done but lots of work. If your car has convenience group then look for seat that has the seat back release and spacers on the seat tracks.

Crazy trying to make sense of this with all the weird stuff stuck in there. My release is part of the back section if that answers your question?

I have found spacers in between the seat frame and seat tracks on convertibles.

The spacers were just spacers, washer and longer bolts - no difference in the seat frame or tracks.

I've had quite a few fastbacks with auto seat release systems and no spacers.

I think it was just a convertible thing.

Back