71-73 Mustang Custom Key Chain Fundraiser!

Sorry, Barry - I missed where you had asked that question.

I was thinking along the same lines as the machinist - probably a small hole right about where the rear indicators would fall. That way a small ring could go through and also hold the split-ring (so it doesn't bind up in your pocket), like most of the commercially-produced key rings you get.

But, it's easy enough to do on our own, so no worries. ::thumb::

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Barry - I missed where you had asked that question.

I was thinking along the same lines as the machinist - probably a small hole right about where the rear indicators would fall. That way a small ring could go through and also hold the split-ring (so it doesn't bind up in your pocket), like most of the commercially-produced key rings you get.

But, it's easy enough to do on our own, so no worries. ::thumb::

Yeah it sounds like some people are using them as a key chain and some as a collectible trinket with no need for the key ring hole. Personally, I am going to hang mine from the rear view mirror with some paracord looped through the door window so it hangs horizontally! So maybe it is better to leave the hole off! It is easy enough to drill if someone really wants it! The tire holes are perfect for key rings as well!

spacer.png

My Mom had bought me a "Mustang" necklace from Avon way back when I was a kid, and I had it hanging from the mirror in my '82. I found it in my tool box while I was putting my '71 back together (I somehow hadn't lost it after all these years), my wife found it, and decided I needed to do that again. Except, that before I got the car back together, she'd forgotten where she had put it (lost it, in other words), so she found another one on ebay, and that's what hanging from the mirror now.

3982695_9ujkrtck.jpg

That's a great idea - hanging it from the mirror. I might have to rethink that idea. ;) ::thumb::

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

My Mom had bought me a "Mustang" necklace from Avon way back when I was a kid, and I had it hanging from the mirror in my '82. I found it in my tool box while I was putting my '71 back together (I somehow hadn't lost it after all these years), my wife found it, and decided I needed to do that again. Except, that before I got the car back together, she'd forgotten where she had put it (lost it, in other words), so she found another one on ebay, and that's what hanging from the mirror now.

3982695_9ujkrtck.jpg

That's a great idea - hanging it from the mirror. I might have to rethink that idea. ;) ::thumb::

That's if my mirror stays on the windshield...it tends to fall off every few years, LOL!

spacer.png

Everyone should be on the roster on the first page so far! Be sure your name is listed if you placed an order already.

We are at 104 and still going strong! Order deadline is Sunday, Jan. 22nd, 2017! I will place the order Monday!! I plan on getting a few extras but it is always better to pre-order so you are guaranteed to receive your item!!

spacer.png

I'm in too, a Coupé and a Mach 1;)

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

Got mine in for a convertible!

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

I'm in, but I don't see any link to order it....... Do I'm missing something?

:huh:

Sorry Alvi, the pre-sale ordering is over and the order has been placed. I did get a small amount extra but I need to make sure all pre-orders are filled first and then I will offer the extras for sale.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Will you post up here when they have been shipped? I don't need the exact date but I want to know to start looking in the mail! ;)

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Will you post up here when they have been shipped?  I don't need the exact date but I want to know to start looking in the mail! ;)

I will!  Just talked to the CNC shop yesterday and he said they should be done soon!  I post up when I have them ready to ship so everyone knows!

spacer.png