• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4-Speed Conversion Parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeZapU

Reaction score
My Car
12 GT
73 Mach 1
85 GT
66 F-100
I have a few parts that I rescued that are used for converting one of our cars to a 4-speed. I came across a guy who parted a 71 fastback about 10 years ago and had these parts lying in a pile in the back of a bread van used for storage. Pedal on the floor in one trailer. Z-bar in a 5-gallon bucket in another trailer. These were all of the parts that I was able to find. I searched for over an hour. There was the under dash pedal cradle but it was very rusty and from whet I remember, not needed to convert. Just remove the regular brake pedal pin and install clutch pedal w-pin. It has the support for the assist spring, but the spring itself was missing. The z-bar is there along with the frame and bellhousing mount pivots. It even still has the clip to retain the two piece bushing.

These parts have not been cleaned up. The z-bar needs some work from the typical worn rod holes. Pedal just needs a clean and paint.

I'm not making a ton of money off this because the guy I got em off of knew these parts were pretty rare. I figured this would be something that someone on the forum who is willing to put in some effort to restore, could save a lot of money vs buying new parts or off e-bay.

I'm asking $250 plus shipping

IMG_3724_zps60yh03yu.jpg

IMG_3725_zpsfzapp5i4.jpg

Back