Dome Light Maintenance

icejawa

Hello,

I wanted to double check before I do anything...For changing a light bulb in the dome light (interior light on headliner) do I need to push in the sides with a flathead screwdriver to get it off? I don't want to risk cracking anything.

Also would an LED bulb be a good solution to get brighter light inside? I am first going to clean all my electrical connectors too.

Thanks

I'm a big fan of the LED's in my daily drivers and motorcycles. No issues, except with turn signals (1157) and one oddball offroad motorcycle head light fitment. Standard 1156, 194's, etc. are no problem. I like the newer COB technology.

Pete - MotoArts Decals and Signs

'71 Sportsroof 351C-4V/4-speed - FINALLY under construction - no, wait, on hold again...

'90 Mustang 7-Up 5.0 ragtop, rolling beater - SOLD

'66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk.IA, survivor

+1 on the LEDs, it's possible to go brighter without worrying about melting the lens.

I would try to squeeze in on the sides with my finger tips before resorting to a screwdriver.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Thanks for the advice! I'm not a fan at all of LED lights either but I figured I would try one in the dome light for brightness. I've heard cleaning all of the electrical connectors can help brighten the lights which is what I will try first. I prefer period correct stuff in my mach, not the new crap. :D