MECUM KISSIMMEE

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand your post....Did it sell for 100k, or are you predicting the sale? Interesting that you posted this...I was just watching the Mecum auctions on TV!

It seems strange to me, that anyone would order a Boss 351 car so heavily optioned. Power windows? Rear window defroster? 8 track tape? WHITE side stripe? I don't think I've ever seen a black and argent car with white side stripes. I guess the car had proper documentation, but, when you look down the list of options, it doesn't seem legit. If it is legit, it's probably rare indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes you wonder what else is missing........

Yep!

First thing I noticed was the radiator shroud. Not correct.

Later model Ford unit. Never any raised letters molded into the shrouds for any 71-3's...

184192g.JPG

Ray

It seems strange to me, that anyone would order a Boss 351 car so heavily optioned. Power windows? Rear window defroster? 8 track tape? WHITE side stripe? I don't think I've ever seen a black and argent car with white side stripes. I guess the car had proper documentation, but, when you look down the list of options, it doesn't seem legit. If it is legit, it's probably rare indeed.
Being an export car I've noticed that many of them seem to be highly optioned vehicles for a variety of reasons. From my limited research it seems to all Japanese bound 71-73 Mustangs are almost all fully loaded which makes sense as they were expensive cars when exported to begin with.

First Boss 351 with power windows that I've ever seen.

Seems like Boss 351 prices are all over the map at the last few auctions.

No trunk spoiler, either. Gotta wonder how many other details are out of whack as well.

What does Mecum charge on top of the bid? 5%? That makes it even more expensive and it just doesn't check out like you would expect.

Did you guys flip through the booklet on the Don Fezzell collection where this Boss came from? Holy crap he had some nice cars!

Back