$$$$ Boss 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does appear to be a very nice car with some minor issues. (crack in steering wheel, missing seat belt center emblem, firewall braces look blue to me, wiper gear box cover should be gold cad, no stamp on wiper motor, should not have trunk mat, etc.) I do not feel they will get the ask of $84,000.00. Chuck

It looks pretty nice, almost too nice to drive. No spoiler though, or air canister, and they never mention the carburetor. The air cleaner doesn't look right but it could be the angle. The Grabber Blue one they have actually mentions the carb and intake manifold. That one is nice too, though $10k more.

I would never own that nice of a car - I'd never want to drive it for fear of messing it up.

Having said that, and with consideration to the asking price, the things that stick out readily to me are the trailing stripe on the passenger rear quarter is 'off' at the wheel well (as in, too low, making it slightly crooked), and the Boss 351 emblem on the trunk "looks" off-centered about a quarter-to-3/8-inch too far to the driver side. Not much... just enough to mess with my eyes.

The Boss did not come with the standard strang's tail light trim panel embellishment (or the Mach's honeycomb panel). The panel is just painted or was it something that could be ordered? I don't ever remember seeing one with it before.

Space Saverr Spare in a car without the folding seat. It even has the hold down bracket for a full size spare.

Shifter boot looks a little odd. Possibly torn.

Marti report calls out different interior besides comfortweave.

Lots of Red overspray on front suspension. I believe that was all painted black/grey etc without overspray on the front crossmembers, etc.

Undercarriage on the 71s (Floor boards, Frame rails, were designated as a slop grey. (mix of odd colors) i believe. The absence of sound deadner and undercoat on the bottom looks incorrect.

Rear frame rails and trunk floor should be black, not body color.

I thought the marti report would call out magnums if original.

I could be wrong on all of that above. The definite worst thing wrong with it is it isn't in my garage.:cool:

kcmash

Space Saverr Spare in a car without the folding seat. It even has the hold down bracket for a full size spare.

Shifter boot looks a little odd. Possibly torn.

Marti report calls out different interior besides comfortweave.

Lots of Red overspray on front suspension. I believe that was all painted black/grey etc without overspray on the front crossmembers, etc.

Undercarriage on the 71s (Floor boards, Frame rails, were designated as a slop grey. (mix of odd colors) i believe. The absence of sound deadner and undercoat on the bottom looks incorrect.

Rear frame rails and trunk floor should be black, not body color.

I thought the marti report would call out magnums if original.

I could be wrong on all of that above. The definite worst thing wrong with it is it isn't in my garage.:cool:

kcmash
Rear frame rails and trunk area above the gas tank will generally show some body colour overspray and in some instances, heavy amounts of body colour, different amounts on individual cars.

I agree generally, that the under body floor areas will have been done in a slop grey, but again, this process is open to interpretation. MCA rules have specific requirements, but they did not jive completely with what I found on my car during tear down. Tough spot...., but I disregarded the MCA specifics and completed my car as I found it... for what ever reason it had an exorbitant amount of sound deadner on much of the underbody area. So, in the end, my underside is a mix of a blackish slop grey, sound proofing and body colour over spray in key areas. Oh, and don't forget the requisite black lower rocker panel overspray on light coloured cars...

Over all a nice looking Boss. Sure looks a lot better than some of the bondo filled shiny paint Show Queens we've been presented before. As others have stated most things wrong or a little off have been minor and easily "fixed". The first thing I noticed is that for once I see a Boss with the rev limiter in place!! Might be an empty shell, but at least it is there! My only concern is the holes that were probably drilled in the tail light panel to mount the 73 style upper and lower moldings that do not belong on this car. Trim code 5A would be correct with the Mach1 Sport interior group option which was available on any sportsroof. Since the window sticker and invoice both call out Magnums as an option, the space saver spare would be correct. Just odd that the standard tire mount bracket is visible. My F60X15 equipped Mach1 has the side mount bracket for the space saver spare but not the center one which should not be there on the Boss!

It looks nice and clean so I ripped all those photo's for reference :)

The axle and diff look similar to the one under my pony but my marti says mine is a 2.75 no locking super simple plain jane. This one is 3.50 locking it says. Do the two look similar?

Back