New guy with one hell of a project

PhoenixMach1

Hello. I am 30 from Nova Scotia, Canada. I'm in the process of aquiring a 1973 Mach 1 previously badged as a Boss 351. Nowe I have wanted this car for 16 years. I have never seen in complete. It is in horrible shape, years ago it was taken apart and sanded down for restoration but for some reason it ended up beside a barn for a few years. It's completely taken apart but complete. Has a ton of new parts. The 351C is freshly rebuilt and bored over an unknown amount. Honestly the car is probably better for junk but after 16 years I finally can get it and I don't just want any 73 I want this 73

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool and welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Hello and welcome to the site. You'll find plenty of good and accurate information here. Any questions you have will be honestly answered. Be sure to put a pin on the member map located under the "Fun Stuff" at the top of the page.

Though the car was badged as a Boss 351, I'm sure you know that those were only offered for 1971. For 1972 there was the detuned 351HO and nothing for 1973. I believe that I'm correct. If not, someone on here will be quick to correct me. I hope you enjoy the build! Keep us updated on your progress.

Greetings and Welcome from West Texas! ::thumb::

I know what it's like to want one of these cars for a LONG time myself. I hope you can get the deal you need and have the car for yourself finally.

The beauty of it all is that if you want it to be a Boss 351, make it a Boss 351 clone. Put it back together how you want it... or faithfully restore it back to factory specs, or whatever. It's all good, and we're here to help you figure it all out.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Welcome from Oregon.

If you browse the project threads you'll find inspiration, some of our members have accomplished amazing restorations.

We like pictures :gotpics:

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Thanks guys. It was a clone but I'm going back to about 90% factory. More like how it should have been. 177hp is just not "muscle car" enough. I'd like to sqeeze about 350hp out of it. But that's after I restore it. It's going to be a big job but to me very worth it.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

The 351C is freshly rebuilt and bored over an unknown amount.

Hello & Welcome from across the pond in the U.K.

If its had a rebore the oversize should be on the top of the piston.

my pistons have "40" stamped on the top

Steve

1971 Grande

I'll check it out for sure. Assuming he can find the engine. He's been moving the engine around for the last 16 years. It was in the showroom of his dealership. Now He's not too sure where it is. I have a broken arm so I'm not it too much of a hurry.

Welcome to a fellow Canuck from southern Ontario! Best of luck on your project!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Barry

Welcome from Virginia. If you have a passion for this particular 73 then go for it. Lots of great info here.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I'm from the show me state. I don't believe you have a car unless you show me pictures!!

kcmash

Guest Pastel Blue

That will be a nice cruise to Peggy's Cove once finished... I was in Halifax last summer with my daughter, did the drive over to see the lighthouse... Love the East Coast, my father is from Port Hood.

Welcome from Niagara, Ontario.

Hi Pheonix, welcome from Miami! What a feeling to finally have the car you've been keeping an eye on all that time. Same thing happened to me with my coupe many years ago. Even had a mach1 available for the same price, and I was so set on the damn coupe I just went for it the moment the opportunity arose. Happy for you man, hopefully it'll be a fun project and it comes together quickly. Keep us posted! The bright minds in here will provide the technical (and moral) support you need to get through it ::thumb::

BBBanner.jpg