New guy with one hell of a project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixMach1

Reaction score
My Car
2007 f150 xlt 4wd.
1973 mach1 project.
Hello. I am 30 from Nova Scotia, Canada. I'm in the process of aquiring a 1973 Mach 1 previously badged as a Boss 351. Nowe I have wanted this car for 16 years. I have never seen in complete. It is in horrible shape, years ago it was taken apart and sanded down for restoration but for some reason it ended up beside a barn for a few years. It's completely taken apart but complete. Has a ton of new parts. The 351C is freshly rebuilt and bored over an unknown amount. Honestly the car is probably better for junk but after 16 years I finally can get it and I don't just want any 73 I want this 73

Hello and welcome to the site. You'll find plenty of good and accurate information here. Any questions you have will be honestly answered. Be sure to put a pin on the member map located under the "Fun Stuff" at the top of the page.

Though the car was badged as a Boss 351, I'm sure you know that those were only offered for 1971. For 1972 there was the detuned 351HO and nothing for 1973. I believe that I'm correct. If not, someone on here will be quick to correct me. I hope you enjoy the build! Keep us updated on your progress.

I'm pretty sure it's just a regular 351C. Not like it overly matters I may see if he will throw in a 429 with the deal lol

Greetings and Welcome from West Texas! ::thumb::

I know what it's like to want one of these cars for a LONG time myself. I hope you can get the deal you need and have the car for yourself finally.

The beauty of it all is that if you want it to be a Boss 351, make it a Boss 351 clone. Put it back together how you want it... or faithfully restore it back to factory specs, or whatever. It's all good, and we're here to help you figure it all out.

Welcome from Oregon.

If you browse the project threads you'll find inspiration, some of our members have accomplished amazing restorations.

We like pictures :gotpics:

Thanks guys. It was a clone but I'm going back to about 90% factory. More like how it should have been. 177hp is just not "muscle car" enough. I'd like to sqeeze about 350hp out of it. But that's after I restore it. It's going to be a big job but to me very worth it.

I'll check it out for sure. Assuming he can find the engine. He's been moving the engine around for the last 16 years. It was in the showroom of his dealership. Now He's not too sure where it is. I have a broken arm so I'm not it too much of a hurry.

From what I can see online. The aftermarket has most of the parts I could ever need. I'll take pics as soon as I can.

I'm from the show me state. I don't believe you have a car unless you show me pictures!!

kcmash

That will be a nice cruise to Peggy's Cove once finished... I was in Halifax last summer with my daughter, did the drive over to see the lighthouse... Love the East Coast, my father is from Port Hood.

Welcome from Niagara, Ontario.

Back