1971 H-Code Mach 1, pewter/black

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Wow - I can't believe I haven't already posted my Marti Report.  My car came to me a rusty hulk with lots of redneck-engineered repairs and 'old' custom features - most of them badly done.  The last registration sticker still in place was from 1980, which based on the damage, half-assed repairs, and seized engine tells me it was abused and left to rot in just 9 years.

I'm pretty sure when the car left the factory it was wearing corporate dog dishes, but since the Marti isn't specific, I prefer to think it came with sport covers.

Other than that, I think this is pretty much what the car looked like from the factory (well, with a urethane bumper, bright rocker trim, Mach 1 stickers, windows, and the interior installed. ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well it sure looks fine now!! Are those new seat or did you recover them? If so what upholstery did you use?

Tim

Wow - I can't believe I haven't already posted my Marti Report. My car came to me a rusty hulk with lots of redneck-engineered repairs and 'old' custom features - most of them badly done. The last registration sticker still in place was from 1980, which based on the damage, half-assed repairs, and seized engine tells me it was abused and left to rot in just 9 years.

I'm pretty sure when the car left the factory it was wearing corporate dog dishes, but since the Marti isn't specific, I prefer to think it came with sport covers.

Other than that, I think this is pretty much what the car looked like from the factory (well, with a urethane bumper, bright rocker trim, Mach 1 stickers, windows, and the interior installed. ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the kind words, guys! ::thumb::

Those are original seat frames recovered with TMI Products Sport Seat Mach 1 style in black/gray seat upholstery & foam. Got 'em from CJ Pony Parts. The pics on their site don't do them justice, either. Mine seem a lot more firm and 'curvaceous,' shall we say. :whistling:

'curvaceous' Nice. Makes me want a set. :)

All kidding aside, they do look considerably more comfortable than mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the difference.

My original seat (torn up as it was) was quite flat and not very topographical at all.

attachment.php

Here's the same seat frames with the Sport Seat upholstery and foam. See what I mean by the difference?

attachment.php

They are plenty comfy. ::thumb::

Back