Engine block question

I have read in other forum topics about the 73 Cleveland motor mounts are different that the 71/72 years. My question is did the block casting change or something else. Just curios because I am building a 1971 351 Cleveland block with 1970 heads for my 1973.

Thanks

1924021344_351c.thumb.jpg.761b62c6205760a8ae59b9a63905dba0.jpg

460085041_351c2.thumb.jpg.feaed10e2aeebae54604ee12113e6e38.jpg

Block casting is the same. Mounts for 73 are different and one year only. If you use 71-72 mounts you will have to change out the frame perches to accept the 71-72 mounts.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Correct, no difference in mounting points on a Cleveland (or any small block Ford)

When I do my new engine I'll be getting the 73 mounts redone and I'll be doing the old trick of running a counter sunk bolt into thick wide washer, up through the mount, a thick washer and a nylock nut on the other side and just nipped up. That way it limits the travel of the mount under hard acceleration. An oldie but a goodie and works well.

Correct, no difference in mounting points on a Cleveland (or any small block Ford)

When I do my new engine I'll be getting the 73 mounts redone and I'll be doing the old trick of running a counter sunk bolt into thick wide washer, up through the mount, a thick washer and a nylock nut on the other side and just nipped up. That way it limits the travel of the mount under hard acceleration. An oldie but a goodie and works well.

thanks, do you have a picture of what you are doing with the Csink bolt or a quick sketch.

Thanks