possible 1971 mach 1 purchase

joy22kar

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.. I have three young boys that can't wait to find daddy a car.. so the back seat will be used.. I'll probably be the one left home. I think I'm going to offer 5k for the one in omaha.. if he doesn't bite at that, I'll try the others

Karla

1972 Mustang Fastback

3 boys and a hubby

5-6K on the Omaha car would be a good deal. In my opinion.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Lol.. I have three young boys that can't wait to find daddy a car.. so the back seat will be used.. I'll probably be the one left home. I think I'm going to offer 5k for the one in omaha.. if he doesn't bite at that, I'll try the others

Yes on the Omaha car. 5k would be a fair price. I would leave the wheels out of the deal. Let the husband and the boys pick out the wheels. Wheels are kinda of a big deal for us boys! :D

- Mike

Here's info on the one in Atlanta

One spot of rust in the rear drivers side wheel well. About the size of a baseball. The price is about what I have in it not counting my time spent on the upgrades & replacements done. Will need the front shocks replaced. VIN# 1F05M173009 Hope this helps

Karla

1972 Mustang Fastback

3 boys and a hubby

2f05H128131

Norfolk one.. says it runs buy burns a lot of oil and will need rebuilt.. says he has all parts (whatever that entails)

Karla

1972 Mustang Fastback

3 boys and a hubby

This actually doesn't look too bad.

The pic with the painted car threw me for a minute. I guess it shows what the color should look like? I don't think its the same car as the one in primer.

adpic.jpg

Here's info on the one in Atlanta

One spot of rust in the rear drivers side wheel well. About the size of a baseball. The price is about what I have in it not counting my time spent on the upgrades & replacements done. Will need the front shocks replaced. VIN# 1F05M173009 Hope this helps

This is not a bad price given it is the year you prefer. It is a true Mach 1. And even better it is an M code. His price really isn't that bad but I am a firm believer that standing in front of someone with cash they tend to be willing to bargain.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

This actually doesn't look too bad.

The pic with the painted car threw me for a minute. I guess it shows what the color should look like? I don't think its the same car as the one in primer.

I think it may be the same car. Sure looks like the same house in the pics.

2f05H128131

Norfolk one.. says it runs buy burns a lot of oil and will need rebuilt.. says he has all parts (whatever that entails)

Expect mechanical work on most stuff out there at this price range. Remember, people have very widely ranging ideas on what 'good' is. To some, if the motor starts 'it's good', if they don't see rust while standing next to it then it's 'solid'....even though they have never looked underneath. Or it's not even important to them and so it shouldn't be to you.

Always ask for more pics. All the worst rust prone areas are known, so it's hard to get pics of them.

Now that's funny and possibly true :-)

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

Holy cow guys. Now that I've been looking at all of these mustangs all day (when I should have been working... lol). I WANT ONE!!! Heck with getting one for hubby. I want one for myself. I'm loving the sky blue colored ones. :-)

Karla :P

Ha! That's funny.

Welcome to the site!!

spacer.png

ok. I'm going to make an offer on one of these fine mustangs. The question is. Which one?? They all look decent. I like different things about each one. I really like the option of the 351c motor. And I would like a manual transmission, but I know that's something he can change if he wants to. So give me your honest opinions on each one. The norfolk one is closest and can be driven to be picked up. So that's a plus on that side.

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5958458667.html

http://lawrence.craigslist.org/cto/5971273589.html

http://northmiss.craigslist.org/cto/5939103230.html

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/5957955559.html

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ctd/5950471592.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/5910694817.html

Karla

1972 Mustang Fastback

3 boys and a hubby

Holy cow guys. Now that I've been looking at all of these mustangs all day (when I should have been working... lol). I WANT ONE!!! Heck with getting one for hubby. I want one for myself. I'm loving the sky blue colored ones. :-)

Karla :P

Ha! That's funny.

The ad is deleted. Did you buy it?

And welcome to the site!!

Nope, he never responded to me, my text, voice mail box was full so I couldn't even leave a message. I would have had he gotten back to me.

Karla

1972 Mustang Fastback

3 boys and a hubby

I think bang for the buck the Omaha or Atlanta cars are going to be your best bet, but this is just based on the information provided in the ad and the limited pics. Both are 351C "M" code cars. Both are running and driving vehicles, both appear to be complete cars. The Omaha car is a 4 speed, you mentioned converting an auto to a manual. This is not a bad project. I converted my automatic to a modern 5 speed manual and it is a lot of work but doable. (plan on over $2k for the conversion including the trans).

- Jason

ok. I'm going to make an offer on one of these fine mustangs. The question is. Which one?? They all look decent. I like different things about each one. I really like the option of the 351c motor. And I would like a manual transmission, but I know that's something he can change if he wants to. So give me your honest opinions on each one. The norfolk one is closest and can be driven to be picked up. So that's a plus on that side.

http://northmiss.craigslist.org/cto/5939103230.html

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/5957955559.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/5910694817.html

I think these would be worth further consideration.

I had a car shipped from out west using uship.com. it is an auction site where shippers bid on the shipment and you pick which one you want to use. Seems like my fee was $1100 to get it from Utah to south Alabama.

spacer.png

I think bang for the buck the Omaha or Atlanta cars are going to be your best bet, but this is just based on the information provided in the ad and the limited pics. Both are 351C "M" code cars. Both are running and driving vehicles, both appear to be complete cars. The Omaha car is a 4 speed, you mentioned converting an auto to a manual. This is not a bad project. I converted my automatic to a modern 5 speed manual and it is a lot of work but doable. (plan on over $2k for the conversion including the trans).

I agree, Omaha car first choice if you dont mind its a sportsroof and Atlanta car second choice if you don't mind its a auto trans. As far as shippers go I have used DAS (dependable auto shippers) with good results.

adpic.jpg

The Oklahoma city car has been on Craigslist for quite awhile, maybe a couple years. Could be a good reason it's still for sale...or maybe they are just asking way too much.

The Oklahoma city car has been on Craigslist for quite awhile, maybe a couple years. Could be a good reason it's still for sale...or maybe they are just asking way too much.

I know the car and yes to all you mentioned...

:whistling:

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)