'72 Mach 1 from New Orleans, LA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanger007

Reaction score
My Car
EFI'd '72 Mach 1 | Supercharged '95 GT | '07 GT | '89 GT Roadracer
4761656045_976c7a9927_z.jpg

Just ran across the site. I've got a '72 Mach 1 that will be getting a restomod as soon as I finish up the '89 open track Foxbody that is occupying my time (and shop).

I've owned the '72 for ten years, purchasing it barely running and rebuilding the motor, transmission etc to make it into a driver. Have been driving it on weekends every since.

One afternoon I put together an EFI system from spare parts I had lying around from Fox and SN95 Mustangs and burned a chip to make it run. Amazing being able to reach in and turn the key and it runs perfectly.

Other cars are a '07 S197 that runs 12.50's (wife's) and my daily driver '95 GT that runs 11.0's.

Wes

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you aboard and we have to see more pics of the 72! Sounds like a great ride! (There's a forum to show off your other Mustangs as well!) :D

::welcome::

Welcome aboard, Wes!

It appears you have mustangs covered for every decade since the 70s! As Barry stated above, we also have a Forum for other mustangs.

I look forward to interacting with you on the forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

I want to see and hear more about your EFI system. Welcome aboard.

Mike

Nice corral you got there! Like the others, I can't wait to see and learn more about your EFI system.

Nice corral you got there! Like the others, I can't wait to see and learn more about your EFI system.
It's a pretty simple system, PCM and harness from an '91 Mustang GT, 19# injectors, 94/95 Mustang intake manifold, Fox MAF calibrated for 24# injectors, no O2s - calibrated AFR on the dyno and run it open loop until I found an O2 harness recently.

I made a custom chip to bring all the mismatched parts together and put it on the dyno to finish out the tuning. With the stock 302 motor and C4 it made an earth shattering 200hp at the wheels - up about 15hp from the carb.

The EFI system was the first step in a bigger plan - a new motor with a turbo and a good restoration all around to turn the car into my daily driver. The car is simply too much fun to only drive on weekends but I would like to fix some of the rust and modernize the suspension before exposing it to the elements and potholes on a daily basis. I will likely start on it towards the end of the year when I am finished with the '89 road racing car I am working with now.

Wes

I wonder if welding some FI bungs into an Edelbrock Performer Intake with some bigger injectors would work for a 351C 2V bored .030" over.

Interesting... very interesting...

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if welding some FI bungs into an Edelbrock Performer Intake with some bigger injectors would work for a 351C 2V bored .030" over.

Interesting... very interesting...

Thanks for sharing!
Certainly would work. I found it easier to swap intake manifolds to facilitate the throttlebody connections etc. Tuning the car would be very straight forward however.

Wes

Oh yeah! I forgot the older 5.0s were TBI - which I certainly have nothing against. My bad.

I'm thinking this might be something to consider in lieu of $1000 for a Holley Pro-Jection. Thanks again for the info!

Oh yeah! I forgot the older 5.0s were TBI - which I certainly have nothing against. My bad.

I'm thinking this might be something to consider in lieu of $1000 for a Holley Pro-Jection. Thanks again for the info!
They are not TBI - individual injectors for each cylinder.

If you have someone that can tune the Ford PCM the factory stuff is hard to beat.

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back