1972 Olympic Spirit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy22kar

Reaction score
My Car
- Possible purchase
I keep coming back to this one. I know this one is going to take a little work, but I think hubby could make it look really nice. I've asked for additional info on floors, trunk and VIN. But it's the right price for what I wanted to spend right now. Is the 302 engine ok? I know he can make mods to it to make it sound and "act" a little beefier.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5965426930.html

I just think this one seems to be a good starting point. And if I can get him down a little in price since I'll have to have it trailored to me, hubby will have about 5k to spend on upgrades this year and then slowly work to a complete restore.

I know you guys said this one looks like it has a lot of rust, so give me your honest opinions. I'll post additional info as soon as seller sends it to me.

Karla

you have better eyes than me. lol. ok ok. well, if you happen to see any let me know. No one seems to be answering any of my emails, texts or phone calls? I'm gonna play the female card.. lol :)

Agree... there is a lot of hidden issues with this car. If you are prepared to strip down completely and build up, may be the car for you. Work the price accordingly. Good luck in your search...[/u]

In my opinion, any vehicle that hasn't been driven in 7 years is going to be trouble......and as others have mentioned....visually the car just says " major undertaking"........if you've done your homework on the Sprint Series, you know that they are indeed unique mustangs....but you seem to have the most important ingredient necessary in this hobby and that is the desire to create knowing that it won't be easy so....be open to yourself in your assessment of the car and go from there.....definitely don't rush your dream...

Good Luck

I'd stay away from it, unless you have deep pockets or your husband is really gifted. 5K will get you nowhere.

I have a general rule of thumb: if I can see the rust on the photos I'll pass. When I got mine it was pretty rough but it looked awesome on photos. If you've ever tried to take a picture of damage on anything you know how hard it is to capture it in a picture. If it shows openly, it's gonna be much worse.

I see rust on the front edge of the hood under the molding, on the driver side front fender under the molding, the passenger door looks horrible, the way the driver side door fits got me worried, etc.

It needs a new interior... And I'm looking at the pics on my iPhone so I've probably missed many other things I can't see on the small screen.

What I'm saying is I can't see a single part of that car that does not need refurbishing.

A car with those issues will have more lurking in the dark.

And it seems that it has at least been partially repainted as the door striker has paint on it. That repaint may hide much more hideous things.

I'm not saying it can't be fixed but be prepared to pour buckets of cash into it. Like I said, 5K won't get you anywhere.

I know it's hard to stay away from something you want and say " Nah, it's gonna be ok, it's not that bad" but think twice about this one. And after that think some more!!

There's a fine line between a cool hobby and a load of frustration.

My wife's name is Carla with a "C" by the way! :)

Back