New guy

20louie06

Hey everybody, new to the forum. I own a 72 coupe. Nothing special, just a 302 with a C4. Currently in the process of getting her back on the road. I used to drive it in high school but after I went to college she sat for ten years. After starting some body work, I noticed the right quarter panel was rotted through. I'm a diy guy. If I can do it myself I'm gonna try. So after consulting with some guys and watching countless youtube videos I went for it. Pretty happy with the results. I've also changed the suspension, fuel tank, and I have the radiator ready to go as soon as the electric fans get here. The 302 sounds healthy so no major mods to that as long as it's reliable. The C4 is gonna get replaced with a T5. My best friend has a 69 Mach 1 and he just did the swap. The first tranny he got was bad so he gave it to me so I can rebuild it and use it for my swap. Anyways I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and hope I have a few things to contribute as well.

Luis

2aes9rb.jpg

2yyayk9.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Lots of great info here. If you can't find it, just ask.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Learn from us?? Sounds like we can learn a lot from you!

Welcome from southern Ontario, Canada.

Barry

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Barry

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome from Tucson, AZ. That's was a big chunk of steel you took out of the quarter panel!!! Results look good.

Tim

Thanks

Tim

Tucson, Az

1973 SportsRoof

351C bored .040

Crank .020  and Stock cam

Flattop pistons

Edelbrock 4bbl CARB 800 CFM ELEC CHOKE

Edelbrock Performer 2750 Intake Manifold

NewPrimedHood_zpsw2jaj0cu.jpg

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from the Gulf Coast. From what I can see, it looks like you did a mighty fine job! ::thumb::

Howdy from phoenix!

I tried body work once and was just not good at it. Of course that was when I was young and without patience. Also there was no internet/youtube. I would probably do better if I tried it again.

Your results look good! I am looking forward to more posts on your build.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Welcome from Denmark Northern Part of the Europe 🇩🇰 [sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73

Sendt fra min F8331 med Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Welcome, from Canada

Marco

Marco

"When the world is running down you make the best of what's still around."- Sting and The Police

Indy-Auto-2019-Rpm-Autopassion-32.jpg

1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Father & sons restoration project)

- 351 Cleveland H-code w/ factory Ram-air induction

- FMX 3-speed trans

- 9-inch rear with 3.25:1 ratio

Thanks guys. I just got back from the dmv to get her back on the road. Spent Sunday tuning the carb and cleaning the distributor. I'm not a fan of the dizzy. To be honest I'm not even sure what it is. I just know it's vacuum advance and the springs inside are mismatched lol. The PO seemingly butchered this car and pieced it back together. Despite all of this she starts right up and runs fairly well with no hesitation.