R-Code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't know why people feel the need to put Boss 351 decals on 72 R codes. I've seen this a few times before on 72 R codes, why are they hoping if they put the decal on and add water it may become a real Boss 351. I showed this to my wife and the look I got was, if I bought it I may end up missing some vital parts, lol. Still kick myself for not buying that R code vert a few years back when looking around for a vert, but in saying that I have no regrets with my Q code vert though. I'd really love to buy this, but between the vert, the new engine and driveline for it and my XA GS project car, I've spent more than enough lately with plenty more to come, let alone another car to play around with to correct it. I could probably hide the car, but trying to explain that much money missing to my wife would be impossible though. But a gold glow and ginger Mach 1 R code would go great with my gold glow and ginger vert Q code though, hmmm.

I know someone who can store it for a little while after you buy it........ Just saying.......
Storing the car is not the problem, it's the money to buy it and get it over here my wife will notice. Can't complain my wife is great as she supports what I do with this hobby, but don't want to push the limits too far. On the other hand though, if we can do it the other way around that'll be the best of both worlds for me, lol.

It looks nice. I question where they say it is an original ram air car. I think I remember the ram air was only available with the H code in 1972.

It looks nice. I question where they say it is an original ram air car. I think I remember the ram air was only available with the H code in 1972.
I've heard this as well, but also have heard that Ram Air was available on all 351 engines before 1/1/72. I don't know and haven't seen any Ford documentation to support this, so to me it's just a case of somebody guessing Ford did until the facts prove otherwise.

I've heard this as well, but also have heard that Ram Air was available on all 351 engines before 1/1/72. I don't know and haven't seen any Ford documentation to support this, so to me it's just a case of somebody guessing Ford did until the facts prove otherwise.
Ram air was NOT an option on any R code in 72. Only H code in 72 and 73. This car has been for sale for awhile. The flipper was unsuccessful on ebay the first several times at 25+K. This consignor will probably be less successful as well. Too many issues with this car. The BOSS stickers are ridiculous. Why can't they represent this for what it actually is?? R codes are a rare animal and should be advertised as such. It's about time the world recognizes these cars as such. You are right, they are trying to cash in on the Boss name, sad! Man, I really dis-like these consignors that don't do their homwork!! OK, of my soap box:D

Is this the car from ebay from Florida that was sold at the Mecum auction a few weeks ago? paid $17k at Mecum and it's already up to $22k with a few days left and the reserve has been met. Should be interesting to see where it ends up.

I looked at this car. The Boss stickers led me to question the authenticity of the car. $22,000 selling price seems low to me.

It said it was sold at $22K, and then the seller relisted it. It's now up to $19.5K in the new auction, with most of the bids coming from a couple of bidders. I smell a rat.

Steve

So a total scumbag then, buys something from an auction for charity then lists it for sale, then has some shill bidding go on to drive up the price, doesn't get the price he wants so cancels the sale and relist it. I hope he gets stuck with the car and loses money on it.

I have no problem with people making a few dollars, but doing it dishonestly with shill bidding is what I hate. Now if eBay were to enforce its own laws on all auctions being legally binding contracts and holding the winners accountable to pay up, then it would stop this sort of thing. When I have an offer of the second chance because their shill bidding didn't get them the highest price, I just offer them the starting price and tell the seller I'm going to have eBay look into their bidders as I believe they've had shill bidders driving up the price. Worked more times than not getting it at the correct price. But eBay need to be held accountable to have to purchaser pay up or pay the seller and chase the purchaser for the money and ban and sellers and any parties involved with shill bidding, but eBay are just worried about taking people's money and not enforcing anything.

Back