Boss in Detroit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This car seems to have been sale for a while now. Considering it's supposed to be in great nick and in original condition, it makes me sceptical when a car like this is still on the market, especially when the prices of these cars are on the rise and he is lower his price. Something doesn't add up or the guy is unsure if he really wants to sell, but why lower the price. Maybe the wife is trying to make him sell and he advertises it to keep her happy and now lowers the price to shut her up some more, don't laugh I know of someone that did something very similar a few years back and still has the car. I showed my wife and the look I got said it all, lol,,then when I said about getting someone to check the car out, well, time to leave it at that. I will eventually get a Boss 351 one of these days, probably when I have to pay too much for one, but will still be less than an XA GT hardtop though.

I read the title of this post, and all I can think is "when did my wife travel to Detroit and not tell me?"...

LooooL good one lollerz

I read the title of this post, and all I can think is "when did my wife travel to Detroit and not tell me?"...

I went and drove this car two years ago. At that time he was asking $40k I think and was firm. It drove ok but not the original engine and very few original parts.For example, no original carb. This car was owned by a guy who mostly drag raced it. He had doc showing that. The PA would just drive it to the track and home which is why it had low mile and a blown engine. It also had pretty bad rippling on the c panel, probably from all of those hard launches.

Buyer beware and all that jazz, but it seems like a great car if someone can live with a non-numbers matching engine. Only seems to matter if your car ends up rolling on the Mecum stage. Question is, what is the engine exactly? Still a Boss 351 and just not VIN-matched, or some other internally built up 351. The overall condition of the car and especially the interior sure justifies the low mileage claim. Even the rev limiter is there. Can't be sure if it's one of those dummy rev limiters for the sake of appearance or an actual functioning rev limiter. What is a real rev limiter bringing these days- around a grand? I seem to recall the dummy casing was around 300 bucks last time I saw one. My 429CJR 4 speed has holes where the rev limiter was located. Doesn't really bug me though, but maybe someday... Those were in many cases ditched early on by guys looking to get a few more revs out of the engine. Heck back in the day the stock air cleaners were many times ditched as well. If you still had a stock air cleaner assembly (unless it was Ram Air) people thought you had no money to buy an aftermarket one.

I believe it was a Boss engine but not original to the car. I did not verify that, just what the seller told me.

The guy is an ignorant prick that doesnt answer phone calls or reply to txt messages. Doing that shit he is going to own that car for many years to come

Back