Fox Body Part Needed or part number needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
73pony, those insulators appear to be the ones  from a 90-04 Mustang or 85-88 Turbo T-Bird T5 shifter. Don't have all my 80/ info with me so some numbers a little difficult to track down. The insulator on the right side is E5SZ-7246-A. Discontinued from Ford, but may be available at parts venders that handle the 79/ Fox parts. The piece on the left may of been part of the shift lever, since it does not show in any illustrations. When checking the shift lever it indicates that the insulator was included, with only the right side insulator in your illustration showing a part number. If you can't find one on line or from a Mustang parts vender, contact your local Ford dealer. If they are on OE Connection, which is a dealer parts locator (most are) they can run the E5SZ-7246-A number. If they are on the system then they will be familiar with Vintage Parts which shows 25 of the E5SZ insulators. My illustration is typical so while it may not be the same as yours, it does show the metal u shaped piece on the shift lever.

TKO_shifter_015a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing. Ended up getting a urethane kit to rebuild your own engine mounts and made up a form based on the old rubber and made them up. Work great abs better feel than the rubber.

Back