Mexican 73 Mustang Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salhi_aemr

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe Blue ( Sold )
1970 Mach 1 Red ( Sold )
1972 Mach 1 Gold ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Green ( Sold )
1973 Mustang Vert Yellow
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Pewter
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Grabber Blue
1971 Mustang Fastback Red
[url=https://ibb.co/dW1eva][img]https://preview.ibb.co/kxpoov/Mustang_Collections.jpg[/img][/url]
Could someone help me in this, I am looking at 73 Mustang Mach 1 in California area and seller sent me the attached door tag which he states its Mexican Tag. He painted it fresh with original paint scheme. its 4 speed factory. According to him its 1 of 7 fastback mach 1's built in Mexico and 3 are known to have made it to the US. Could someone decode the data code. How rare are they?

IMG_3042.JPG

IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3040.JPG

You should be able to search the Forum and find some pretty good info on them. I didn't think they were that rare? There were several color combinations also. Seems like green, blue, tan and red I guess. I think they were all 4 speed cars and had 351 windsor engines in them. Ray I believe put a link to a web site with info on them here also. They would be rare in the U.S. and probably not many sold in Mexico either. It was like the Sprint package for Mexico. I have always like the two tone paint jobs they used.

Do a search lots of info will come up I posted some pictures I found of them in the past also.

If I remember correctly, and I am going off memory as the old link I had fro Mexican VIN's does not work.

A= Ford USA

F= La Villa, Mexico City

02= 1973 Mexican Mach 1

M= 1972

T= December

17961= Consecutive Unit Number

Well, it certainly looks like a nice car.  That paint job looks a little "embellished" to be a factory paint job.  The black-out on the hood isn't even close to the factory black-out, and even on the other models, the lower two-tone color never transitioned to the front bumper (they were always main-body colored).

There are also some non-original things in the other pictures (non-factory air cleaner, valve covers, etc.,) which says, "Rare, but not '$50K-valuable rare'," to me.

I'd still love to have a set of those monster Mach 1 decals, though.  Not for my car - just to have 'em. ;)

Hi there from London, UK

Just to add to the conversation, AF02MT17939, is for sale somewhere in Europe for 23.000 Euros, aprox $27.000.

They must be sisters or cousins if only 7 were built. It cost new 78,600 Pesos.

Please see below the original sale invoice that cam with the car.

Miquel

Back