What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the weekend I took a 2 day course on tuning Holley EFI systems. Was really interesting seeing some of the things you can do with them. And even though it was a GM, on day 2 the guy running the co

Finally got a chance to finish up my wife's new computer.  Back in June, she mentioned that Blizzard would be releasing a new expansion pack for World of Warcraft, and that her machine might not be ab

Did a little work on a nice 97 F150.  Patched bed and chipguard bottom.    

Posted Images

It was a nice day out here,and had most of the yard work done, so got both of the "big boy toys" out for a drive.

IMG-2969.jpg

IMG-2971.jpg

• Like 1

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

Man... I really like this car! Black,the wheels, perfect!

Thanks! I put a lot of thought into the overall look & stance, I appreciate the feedback.

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

Nice comparison pictures! Great job.

As for me, golf courses opened this weekend so I went golfing with the family. Is a sport that we all can do and enjoy.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

More on the guitar build 

Now putting the neck pick up in after waiting for the last chrome shroud

Soldering electronics (soddering in americanese  :P ) 

and getting the nut height right at top of neck - get this wrong and it wont set up over the neck. 

String height will be wrong etc. 

the neck geometry will get done last. all strings will then go on. 

plug in and annoy the neigbours  ::thumb::

git.jpg

copper lined the wire paths

git2.jpg

:chin:

• Like 1

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

I sat down and ordered all the materials I need to do the final sand on the 72 Q code vert. 

3-M guide coat, various 3-M tapes, 3-M strip seam sealer to put on the seams around the door skin. Prep solvents and cleaners. I have all the different papers will start with 320 on first round. Might need one more coat of primer will see how it feels.

Sanding a car is a lot like polishing a plastic injection mold. Will make some pics got notice that the materials shipped. Here is link to the supplier I use. https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/category/clearance-scratch-dent

The local guys here are just stupid expensive. I usually order everything unless I need it now.

Got to get another set of brake calipers built and need two new front rotors. So far Advance has the best price. I have learned something on the Advance wed site. If you go shopping and pick out your parts and then if you leave in your cart they come back with an second offer. It has been 25% on last to shopping trips. If you have a business account with them you get as much as 60% off. You have to buy a certain volume to get that discount. 

Since I have been out of painting for so long just going to let my friend that does restorations spray the color on. He has all the good guns and a great air dryer system.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Why are there high fences around the young trees in the old photos?

I'm assuming the fences around the trees are there to either stop horse munching on the trees, or to stop horse carts from hitting the trees, or both.

Here's another one that I've just finished adding color to from 1875, and how it looks now:

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

• Like 1

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

My grandfather use to call the horses that chewed on the trees a Stump Eater. Love those old pics. We had a great photo gallery here, Barbers photo. They had the glass negatives, large format so they can be enlarged and not get distorted. I found an 8 1/2" X 11" wood studio camera at a Goodwill store here. They did not know what it was in perfect shape. Did not have the lens plate or the film holder. Bellows is perfect. It is over 100 years old.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Wife got me Decorating.

Repainted the Bathroom ceiling,........Now she wants the whole house done! :shootself:

Then you have done it far too well.  :whistling:

Luckily my son did the painting work on our house with the help of a friend.

Frank

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

Why are there high fences around the young trees in the old photos?

I'm assuming the fences around the trees are there to either stop horse munching on the trees, or to stop horse carts from hitting the trees, or both.

Here's another one that I've just finished adding color to from 1875, and how it looks now:

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

The fences may have worked since the trees are much bigger  :whistling:

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Trying to do my own interpretation of Rembrandt's The Philosopher.

remb.jpg

:whistling:

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

Well, I'm done with the Mustang for now, nothing more to do until something breaks or it needs tuning. 

So my neighbor was throwing out this cast iron and wood 2 seat bench. It was really rusty and the wood was pretty much rotted. My wife saw it and said "Honey, I think you could fix that" So I dutifully picked it up and dragged it to our back yard. 

The frame actually was easy to just wire brush with an electric drill and spray with rust converter/primer. I took the wood off and sent some to my step kids uncle who has a wood shop. He owed me a favor, so I got all wood for free. I chose ASH as it is hard yet flexible.

It actually turned out very well and the wifey is happy, but I bet the neighbor will be pissed when he sees it!!

Here's a couple of pics.

IMG-1410.jpg

IMG-1409.jpg

Inlaid glass detail.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Trying to do my own interpretation of Rembrandt's The Philosopher.

remb.jpg

:whistling:

You're killing me!! 

Mike

Nice work!  You have talent sir.

Working on finishing our basement. Had to cut a big old hole in floor to build steps down to basement. Still got some framing to do and more drywall, but it’s coming along.

FFC0232-A-814-D-4341-9315-38-BBF7-F75-E73.jpg

A76-D67-A2-63-ED-464-A-BEEC-01-CB239-F8-CB4.jpg

E3-D6-D57-F-7926-4863-8-B66-DCBF55-A0-E83-C.jpg

5-CE6-DCC5-963-F-4851-896-C-AE7-A85-F5-BC71.jpg

CA5-FB509-5095-4-D5-B-86-BE-ABB44-A307469.jpg

CCC05-C63-EED4-4-F68-9-A64-4-D3-C975-CDAE6.jpg

5-DD86-F57-C8-B6-4-A7-E-8-B2-A-71-B89-DB29-BF8.jpg

6-D97-AA4-F-C7-BA-4227-B3-B8-10-F5-A2-CD7515.jpg

Got it a little more done on basement. It’s all framed up. Stairs are built. Drywall is hung. Now I got my buddy coming to do the finish work on my drywall. Can’t wait till that’s done!!! Then onto laminate floor, doors and trim! Also have banister to build. But it’s getting closer. 

20-CF7454-E42-E-48-FC-BF25-2-B820404-E80-F.jpg

32-DA114-D-B6-DB-4912-BC4-D-297960-D9904-E.jpg

582792-FF-FC15-429-F-87-A3-4982-E3901-FC8.jpg

5-FEFE152-F638-49-DD-9619-A063240827-FE.jpg

B8-F2-E67-B-1-BD3-4-C3-A-BF50-D47-AD7-A38-D7-C.jpg

519-FDC76-6-D1-C-44-A4-9-DAD-AFA67-A1-F6-FB2.jpg

B3-EB7-B93-CEEC-48-E3-9900-D8-E00-E30-F004.jpg

7-A0591-E6-55-C8-494-E-A8-AA-62-C5-E4-B3-F7-ED.jpg

E091-E433-90-C0-4118-8-F1-B-4-B737-C7-B88-A3.jpg

DAA7-B72-F-4-FD9-46-B9-9-DEC-E7-C656-E2-DF69.jpg

091-EC8-E3-AEE7-4-A1-A-B6-A3-205723-C56-C6-C.jpg

net photo upload

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Looking good on the basement.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

I went golfing today and got a hole in one!!

That's great.  I hit the pin a few times but never have had one. Love the game but hardly play anymore.  I need to make more time for it.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

I started adapting the rotisserie to fit the 73 Q vert. It had never had anything newer than a 1968 mustang on it. I had to drill couple new holes to bolt the arms on where the bumper mounts. In the rear normally you hook up to the rear spring mount on the frame. I wanted to leave the rear in the car since it has all new bushings, springs, sway bar rubbers and such. So I fabricated two brackets that will bolt up where the shipping brackets were and where trailer hitch bolts up. There are to spacers in the frame there. So I got the brackets cut out and fitting will weld another mounting tab on tomorrow. Will have 4, 1/2" bolts in the front and three 7/116" in the rear. Went to Tractor Supply with my mask on and got the hardware. 

I had never looked at the axles but appears by looking at the face to have 31 spline axles and the PO says it has a Detroit Locker. I will probably pull axles and center out to see if it does. It for sure is at least Traction Loc both tires turn same way when you rotate.

Need to work in garden tomorrow.

David

David- with the parking brake set and the transmission in neutral if you can rotate the driveshaft about 60 degrees it is a Detroit. Any other diff will only turn a few degrees.