Wheel question ? will this dimensions fit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Hello :)

Will American racing Wheels fit , the dimensions are 225*45 and 205*50    7*17  8*17   ET = 0  Today they are mounted on a 67.

Regards Rob

I'd have look up my notes but if they are on a 67 they will definitely fit on a 123. My only worry is that they will look pretty small on your car.

Hmm Thanks I didnt thought of that ...

Someone else that have the same dimensions ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those tires definitely qualify as "pizza cutters." :whistling:

Rims in those sizes (widths) typically want tires a little wider.  I would think the 225s should be on the 7" rims, with 255s on the 8" rims - but it's hard to argue if the tires work well and look good as they are. ;)

Pizza cutters ohhhh I dont want that....

Whats size of rims/tyres does your car have Mister 4x4 ?

Well, keep in mind I have different sized rims. :cool:

Up front, I have 245/60R15 on 15x8 rims.  Out back, I have 295/50R15 on 15x10 rims.

attachment.php

17-inch rims will look a lot different, but the tires will look pretty skinny.

Pretty much anything that will fit on the earlier cars will fit on the later cars. A 0 offset will fit in the wheel wells well, but these tires will be both narrow as some people have mentioned and short. The front tires will be 25" tall with about an 8" section width (tread width around 6" or so), and the back tires will be about 1/2" wider and actually slightly shorter. People mostly tend to run 10-12" wide and just under 26-28" tall on these cars (Mister 4x4's fronts are just over 26" tall and just under 10" wide and the rears are almost 27" tall and almost 12" wide.

If you really like the AR wheels if it was me I'd likely keep the rears and use them on the front with a 245-255 45 or 50 series tire and then get the same wheel with the same tire on the back if you want to be able to rotate them or a 17x9-17x11 for the back with an appropriately sized tire back there.

NICE!!  I almost went with that style of wheel.  Good lookin' combination!! ::thumb::

Back