She's home

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good choice ::thumb::  ::thumb:: gonna be fu!!

Mmmmmm......yellow and black. Me likes it. Me likes it a lot!

dancebanana dancebanana dancebanana dancebanana dancebanana  :banana: dancebanana dancebanana dancebanana dancebanana dancebanana

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!!! I bet hes loving it!!! Congrats. The old owner probably put the plexiglass over the grates to keep leaves and trash from getting in the cowl and clogging it up and causing rust.

Plexiglass may also have been a fix for a rusted cowl to keep water from getting into cowl and then leaking into interior of the drivers and passenger floor area. Yes they would not be original, but added by a previous owner. Take them off and look down inside the cowl area for holes as well from the interior up.

Excellent!  Looks great and I see a happy face in the pic - ain't nothin' wrong with that! ::thumb::

I can't see your other pics from here at work - I'll check 'em out later.  But yeah, I'd want to know what's waiting in the cowl.  The good news is that even if it has rust and/or holes, there are reproduction replacements available (unlike when I did mine)... you can do the floors, you can do the cowl (if necessary).  Maybe the previous owner already fixed that and just decided to close up the cowl.

Also check the HVAC system.  If it's a Classic Auto Air system (maybe even Vintage Air), they have instructions to block-off the fresh air ducts in the cowl for non-A/C cars.  If they installed one of those systems, they might've also blocked off the cowl vents to keep stuff out, since effectively without the fresh air vents, there's no real reason to have the cowl vents at all.  Once someone has to repair the cowl area, they'll likely be pretty sensitive to wanting to keep stuff out of there. ;)

Glad you got it home - now the fun REALLY begins. :cool:

Congrats. I love the yellow.

Pull the plexi glass and look down in the cowl. If it is good what some have done to keep debris from getting down in there is cut some small screen and fit it under the black factory screens. They it is next to impossible to see and still keeps the crap out.

Back