She's home

joy22kar

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great job! Congrats to the family. Now get this guys to work, spring cruising is just around the corner.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Good choice ::thumb::  ::thumb:: gonna be fu!!

movie stars with addictions go to the Betty Ford clinic,

I take my addiction to the Henry Ford clinic.lollerz

He's already starting to look through things.. lol. Any one know why plexiglass? And he put in 5 point harnesses which will be coming out and replaced with seat belts.

20170216_064904.jpg

20170216_064854.jpg

20170216_064846.jpg

image post

Karla

1972 Mustang Fastback

3 boys and a hubby

Nice!!! I bet hes loving it!!! Congrats. The old owner probably put the plexiglass over the grates to keep leaves and trash from getting in the cowl and clogging it up and causing rust.

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Plexiglass may also have been a fix for a rusted cowl to keep water from getting into cowl and then leaking into interior of the drivers and passenger floor area. Yes they would not be original, but added by a previous owner. Take them off and look down inside the cowl area for holes as well from the interior up.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Excellent!  Looks great and I see a happy face in the pic - ain't nothin' wrong with that! ::thumb::

I can't see your other pics from here at work - I'll check 'em out later.  But yeah, I'd want to know what's waiting in the cowl.  The good news is that even if it has rust and/or holes, there are reproduction replacements available (unlike when I did mine)... you can do the floors, you can do the cowl (if necessary).  Maybe the previous owner already fixed that and just decided to close up the cowl.

Also check the HVAC system.  If it's a Classic Auto Air system (maybe even Vintage Air), they have instructions to block-off the fresh air ducts in the cowl for non-A/C cars.  If they installed one of those systems, they might've also blocked off the cowl vents to keep stuff out, since effectively without the fresh air vents, there's no real reason to have the cowl vents at all.  Once someone has to repair the cowl area, they'll likely be pretty sensitive to wanting to keep stuff out of there. ;)

Glad you got it home - now the fun REALLY begins. :cool:

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Congrats. I love the yellow.

Pull the plexi glass and look down in the cowl. If it is good what some have done to keep debris from getting down in there is cut some small screen and fit it under the black factory screens. They it is next to impossible to see and still keeps the crap out.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Nice car, very good starting point.

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

Congratulations! Looks like a great start to a journey centering around the mustang. If you have not checked it out, one bonus to the color is the "Yellow" Mustang Club - http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/

I've seen some of them gathering at a few of the national venues and its impressive....

If you have not checked it out, one bonus to the color is the "Yellow" Mustang Club  - http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/

I've seen some of them gathering at a few of the national venues and its impressive....

What the Deuce?!  I don't suppose there's a "Pewter" Mustang Club, or a "Gold Glow" Mustang Club, etc.  That's racist, Man!

lollerz

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

You can do it!  Have to remove the fenders, hood, and windshield - but they'll all go right back on once it's fixed.  The things I had to repair, you can now replace with all new cowl sheet metal.

You got this! ::thumb::

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Way to go!! Looks like a good car overall. I've not been following your "adventure to find a car" for awhile, but it looks like you have a great start to many years of enjoying the hobby. I'm sure we'll be hearing from "Hubby" soon!!!

All the best with it,

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!