something special ??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 (1973)-351Ci-4V
Is this something special, this comes out a box with spare parts.

Suitable for a 351C ?, have now a Edelbrock in use.

Thanks for advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that is the intake that was available from Ford that was the same as the Boss 351 intake except with square bore patter for a Holley. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

eddyw, Jason is correct. That intake was listed in the Ford Muscle Parts Catalog and the Dealer Master Parts catalog as a unique competition part. It was not a production installed part but was listed for the 351C Torino and Mustang. Since it was not a production installed part, the engineering number and the part number were unique to that intake.  Anyone that raced and had to run a Ford manufactured intake considered that one a gift from the heavens. It eliminated the headache of trying to get the 4300D carburetor dialed in. I've seen those go for some very serious $$$!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to have that for my Cleveland build

Is this something special, this comes out a box with spare parts.

Suitable for a 351C ?, have now a Edelbrock in use.

Thanks for advice.
Boy would I love to have that to go on my Q vert build. I think it would run in ESA, E stock automatic and that would be legal I believe.

What did you get it for$?

David, check out the Craigslist link in Waterlife's posting. https://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/6019481640.html  There is a D1ZX intake listed but does not specify the suffix. Might be worth a call if looking for a factory aluminum 351C intake. "CA" would be spread bore and "DA" would be standard Ford/Holly pattern. If he isn't too proud of it and really wants to get rid of everything might be willing to make some deals. Looks like he has some other nice 71-73 parts also.

hello eddy,

that would be something i am looking for.

i have the original intake on my boss but i would like to update it to a square bore pattern. so, if you want to let go of it, please let me know.

thanks

abudi

I sold one on this forum last summer, I believe for $600 but mine didn't have the slot for the heat riser deal.

Back