Stripe or no stripe? Gone in 60 theme without?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83slimer

Reaction score
My Car
1973 sportsroof mustang
Hi Guy's

Just looking for some opinions ,  Car as it sits now everything is painted , Base clear PPG glamour clear, my plan was to put on the hockey stripe on after paint and in a gloss sticker, but now its kind of growing on me just leaving the stripe off, kinda a restomod take on the gone in 60 car,  Its 73 sportsroof so I could go either way, the only things I might add is a 351 ram air sticker on the hood and maybe  3514V on the fender where the MACH1 mustang decal usually goes.  I still need to wet sand and buff the car and do some final alignment of the panels but the fit is 90% there. I still need to repaint the end caps and hood lip as the first time around they had some paint coverage issues.  Let me know what you guys think.20170130_222059.jpgreceived_10154809733501405.jpeg20170129_142127.jpgreceived_10154806642286405.jpeg

Yes I think without shows off how much time I spend making sure the body lines were straight, I find the stripe makes the body line above it dissapeer

I love the stripes but I also like to see cars without them because it seems most cars have them. I know I'm not helping here.... :)

Stripes. It looks too plain as it is.

Like a zebra: from driver's side to passenger side...Just kidding.

I contimplate daily about removing my stripes just to see how it would look. It is tough. Personally I really like the way your car looks as is. Stripes would also look good. I know I'm no help. lol. But your car really pulls off the no stripe look.

Ok I'll help a little, just FYI your front tires the tread is back wards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contimplate daily about removing my stripes just to see how it would look.  It is tough.  Personally I really like the way your car looks as is.  Stripes would also look good.  I know I'm no help. lol. But your car really pulls off the no stripe look.  

Lol your right about the tires, I was so excited to get them I didn't even bother to check . 225 40 18s x8 front 285 40 18 rear x9.5

I contimplate daily about removing my stripes just to see how it would look.  It is tough.  Personally I really like the way your car looks as is.  Stripes would also look good.  I know I'm no help. lol. But your car really pulls off the no stripe look.  

Lol your right about the tires, I was so excited to get them I didn't even bother to check . 225 40 18s x8 front 285 40 18 rear x9.5
I would be excited too. lol.  the 18's look awesome.

According to my Marti book Mustang by the numbers there were 0 Mach 1 with decor group that gave you the black on the bottom so I guess do what you like since the black is incorrect.
A valid point - the car is a '73, but the lower blackout treatment says, "'71."

It'll look great either way.   ::thumb::

Back