Need picture of exhaust heat shield of '71 351C-4V

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManniB

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi,

does anyone happen to have a picture of the correct exhaust heat shield for a 1971 351C-4V? What I mean is the the part that is attached to the passenger side exhaust manifold and is connected to the air cleaner snorkel via a hose, providing heated air during warm up.

Mine is long gone and I would like to find a replacement, but I have no idea how a correct part would look like.

Thank you, Manfred

well i don't have a clear photo of mine, i took a picture after i installed it, mines is also about a 1/3rd of the size of machman_73's

Here you go Manfred. This is the 351C 4v short riser. I may be wrong, but I believe the longer 2 piece type were used on the smaller 2v exhaust manifold.

I've got a set that came off a 1972 351C 2v, but can't find it now. I know I've seen it last week, but now that I need it...can't find it :-/

nvnk9x.jpg

Here you go Manfred. This is the 351C 4v short riser. I may be wrong, but I believe the longer 2 piece type were used on the smaller 2v exhaust manifold.

I've got a set that came off a 1972 351C 2v, but can't find it now. I know I've seen it last week, but now that I need it...can't find it :-/

nvnk9x.jpg
Hi FasTnNefariouS (and all the others that responded to my question)

thanks for the photos and comments. Now I know what I have to search for. Looking at the price tags of reproduction heat shields at NPD I'm sure that a good used one will cost an arm and a leg.

Regards, Manfred

nvnk9x.jpg
Excellent photo thats the one :)

Excellent photo thats the one :)
Right on!

Back